Some siblings pay, while other do not?

Vladican

I have asked several different TG's that I would consider to be pretty darn close to GF status why it is that I should give them money to help their parents back on the farm when her other (sometimes two or three) sisters do not? Apparently, their sisters "no help momma or paah" but they alone do all by themselves.

Thanks

P.S. This question is prompted by a phone call I received a day ago from a TG needing some money for the sick water buffalo syndrome (to her defense she said it was because it is too hot in LOS right now and she is feeling to lazy to work).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have often wondered the same thing and am afraid I do not have an answer either.

In my wife's family all the siblings give money to their parents, but only my wife gives it on a steady basis. The others only give if they have any (they work construction and do not always have a job).

Sanuk!

>In my wife's family all the siblings give money to their parents, but only my wife gives it on a steady basis.

Same with me. Other 2 children give 1-2K when they have, one never gives anything.

Haven't been there (fortunatelly), but is not Thai health system like that when it comes to paying for services - you pay what you can (their judgement)?

The answer is simple. Because most of the times, farang will send money. i am almost sure that is what the sisters think: there is a farang in the family, he makes tons of money (for being simply a farang), and the only reason why one should marry a farang is that he does just that and we don't have to.

When farang cuts the money, they'll damn him and the sister GF, but finally, they may help a bit more. the first year I had my TGF, I did not send a lot, still when i visited the village one year after, Mom had a newly built stilted house. from what I understand, everyone chipped in 20 000 bahts, except my GF, at least not my 20 000 bahts if she did ;).....

Im just curious.

you are pondering giving girls who are not even GF's money to sent to their parents?

Why? She is not your girlfriend, they are not your parents. ::

If you start a relationship with a girl by handing out money then it will carry on and be vary hard to stop.

You will also wonder why she is with you.

My GF is the youngest of 7.

Her parents put an emphasis on education for the children. However by the time it was my gf's time for education her patents spare cash had been used up on her elder brother and sisters. Therefore she had to fend her self and raise her own money for Uni.

As a result she feels no obligation, although she does give when she has soem spare money. Her family also know she is involved with a farrang.

I think situatins will differ depending on the attitude of the parents and siblings.

could be ( more than likely?) they all give money when they can, but the bg will tell you she is the "good one" to get your simpathy to the tune of more baht :shhh:

Archived