Wonder why some girls

Alfmaz

Says jasmine:

[color:"red"]It is common in all asian women. There is a scientific name for it but I forgot it.
[/color]

That line is there from puberty on and you are right there is a scientific name for it and I don't remember what it is either. It has nothing to do with having a baby or not. By the way, a girl friend of mine, a polynesian has it too!

Boy, are you guys observing or what?
:o

Jasmine
:devil:

I thought too, that this are stretch marks from pregnancy and short search on google seems to confirm this.::

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The horizontal incision is a relatively new practice (15 years or so?) in the west, but it is still common to see girls with huge Frankenstein like vertical scars from up-country cesareans.

However, these scars are certainly not the faint lines being discussed here..

[color:"red"]I thought too, that this are stretch marks from pregnancy and short search on google seems to confirm this. [/color]

Not the one we are talking about. Kamui, I am a Thai and a woman, should I not know? :neener:

Yes, some have stretch marks but this line is horizontal and watch the Asian women (young or old) when they wear bikinis, you will know what I mean. :hug:

Jasmine :devil:

Says jasmine:

[color:"red"]I thought too, that this are stretch marks from pregnancy and short search on google seems to confirm this.
[/color]

Not the one we are talking about. Kamui, I am a Thai and a woman, should I not know?
:neener:

Jasmine
:devil:

:o:bow:

Says racha:

That dark line has got nothing to do with a cesarean, The dark line is vertical and goes all the way from the top of the hair line to the belly button...

Shit, I just took my underpants off and checked (bit embarrassing since I'm typing this in an internet cafe, but only a couple of people walked out ;)), and I've got this "dark line" too! :o :o :o No, I'm not a Thai woman and, to the best of my memory (:drunk:) I've never given birth by ceasarean section. Any advice? I know there are some qualified doctors who post on this board. :(

jack :help:

PS Oh, this might be helpful. I just checked again in the net cafe bog. My "dark line" appears to be made up of straight black hairs each approximately 1.5-2.0 cm in length. Ought I to be thinking about consulting a doctor? Help! ::

If you look very closely at the line you will notice at the end, there is a little arrow. I don't know how true it is but I have been told that the purpose is to direct first time sanukers to the proper location to find their "sanuk".

Seriously, I believe it is related to hormones. Most women, whether they are Tai or not, develop that line when they are pregnant. Of course they can have the line if they have not been pregnant but it will be lighter. The line gets much darker after a pregnancy. Just like stretch marks which are also caused by hormones. They are not caused due to weight gain or loss.

Now for the last point: Does anyone know how to make a hormone?

Seriously, I believe it is related to hormones. Most women, whether they are Tai or not, develop that line when they are pregnant. Of course they can have the line if they have not been pregnant but it will be lighter. The line gets much darker after a pregnancy. Just like stretch marks which are also caused by hormones. They are not caused due to weight gain or loss.

Agree with you its to do with hormones, when asian or other dark skinned women are pregnant the line becomes dark and after having the baby it slowly fades , also many get dark patches in there face as well, blotchy patches caused by the hormone change, they call it the mask of pregnacy.....

[/That line is there from puberty on and you are right there is a scientific name for it and I don't remember what it is either. It has nothing to do with having a baby or not. By the way, a girl friend of mine, a polynesian has it too!quote]

The lines scientific name is linea alba and is always there but normally you can not see it in most girls until they become pregnant and then it gets darker and becomes known as linea negra and then it has every thing to do with being pregnant,

Guess you never had a baby :grinyes:

Archived