BKK airport taxi (or other) to Nana hotel district

Which is the best taxi firm to use from the airport to Nana area, or is there a more economical way to travel?

How much should you usually pay (single)?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore the touts in the arrival hall, go out the doors and get in line at the Taxi booth. Tell them the hotel, they will write it on a slip to give to taxi driver. The fare will be around B300, give or take. You pay B70 x-way tolls and B50 airport fee.

Go to the 4th floor, departure level. When a taxi drops someone off, tell them you want to go to Sukhumvit. Don't even give the option to them of bargaining. The meter will end up at about 160 or so. You decide if you want tollway or not. Most are only too happy to get down there making something. Saves them the time of waiting in line downstairs or going back empty.

Troy

Hi,

If you travel light you also have the option to leave the airport area. You have to go up to the fourth floor (?) where the footbridge connects to the airport building.

From there you can get down to the viphavadee rd and just hail a normal taxi from there.

As mentioned, the fare is about 160 baht, depending on the traffic and if you choose the hi-way or

not.

PC

Ever consider taking the really cheap option, by crossing the footbridge near the airport hotel and going to the train station.

It used to cost 6 baht (few years ago though), it was a hot but pleasant journey into bkk. Problem is though that you still have to get a cab from the train station in bkk.

Why would anyone go to the arrivals area just to save 50 baht airport fee? You don't have to use (pay for) the tollway even with the departure taxis.
Going up a flight of stairs to save 50 tbt seems like a no brainer to me. By the way, it's the departure area you go to.

It's more than 50 baht. That is just the service fee. The regular fee is not metered, it is a flat rate, I believe. And it is more than what the meter will end up. I know it is a nominal amount but why waste it when you can go up 2 sets of escalators and get the exercise you need anyway after sitting for hours and hours.

Troy

I don't want to appear arrogant or super rich, but when you have just spent hundreds of pounds or dollars on a flight, and you have just arrived after many hours of travelling, are you really that desperate that you are prepared to change terminal floors, leave the airport complex to find a taxi, catch a train etc etc.

Christ, if you are that impoverished you can walk to downtown Bangkok in 16-20 hours.

Come on, live a little and spend a little. Enjoy!

Archived