BKK airport taxi (or other) to Nana hotel district

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Fatboy:

I don't want to appear arrogant or super rich, but when you have just spent hundreds of pounds or dollars on a flight, and you have just arrived after many hours of travelling, are you really that desperate that you are prepared to change terminal floors, leave the airport complex to find a taxi, catch a train etc etc.

Christ, if you are that impoverished you can walk to downtown Bangkok in 16-20 hours.

Come on, live a little and spend a little. Enjoy!

Leave the 50 Baht out of it then, 99 times out of 100 catching the Elevator (no walk required) up to Depatures Gaurantees NO WAITING

[color:"green"] The regular fee is not metered, it is a flat rate, I believe. [/color]

You are mistaken. The taxis from the taxi stand are metered. You seem to be referring to the "limo" folks inside the terminal area. The limos give a flat 500-600 baht charge with no additional 50 baht fee.

[color:"#666666"]"""when you have just spent hundreds of pounds or dollars on a flight, ... are you really that desperate that you...""" [/color]

Exactly...

For me, time is more important. I would rather dash to the taxi kiosk, hand my bags to the driver, and speed off instead of sharking taxis hoping one might take me. And I would be quite willing to spend 50 more baht if I could just get to the hotel quicker so I could check-in, take a quick shower, and hit the bars before they close.

You know... I might try that next time. The fastest I ever made it from Don Muang to the Nana Hotel was 16 minutes. I might offer the driver an extra 100 baht if he can make it in 10 minutes. It could be possible late at night...

Addtitionally, drivers aren't supposed to take passengers from the Departure Terminal. I figure drivers that break that rule are more likely to try a little monkey business on the ride to the hotel.

It's not worth the hassle to save 50 baht.

[color:"#666666"]"""99 times out of 100 catching the Elevator (no walk required) up to Depatures Gaurantees NO WAITING""" [/color]

Although I believe long queues are possible, I have never seen one longer than 3 passengers late at night. And because of the way the kiosk is run, those short queues are quickly dispatched.

In the event there was a long queue, I'd just take a limo.

Says bangkokbutcher:

Ever consider taking the really cheap option, by crossing the footbridge near the airport hotel and going to the train station.

It used to cost 6 baht (few years ago though), it was a hot but pleasant journey into bkk. Problem is though that you still have to get a cab from the train station in bkk.

A THB 15 - THB 20 bus ride to sukh is available too. When taking the non-aircon, it might go down to less than THB 10. So, THB 16 seems to be the cheapest option.

>A THB 15 - THB 20 bus ride to sukh is available too. When taking the non-aircon, it might go down to less than THB 10. So, THB 16 seems to be the cheapest option.

Peter,

You may have just presented the cheapest option to get to the downtown BKK.

Not picking on you, just a general post, this is a forum for sanukers, not for backpackers/Khao Sarn Rd clientele.

After saving (to the tune of 200 bahts) money on taxi from the airport, that same person may well and up (in an hour time) paying lady drinks, bf, going price for st/lt, what's really a point?

When we get there, we know we'll be spending money.

I make the start with getting a 600bht limo to my place. A driver in an uniform, knows a bit of English, does not ask for any instructions, does not drive like crazy, big, nice, clean car and a smooth ride.

Many hotels offer that limo service transfer included in the price, both ways.

Says think_too_mut:

I make the start with getting a 600bht limo to my place. A driver in an uniform, knows a bit of English, does not ask for any instructions, does not drive like crazy, big, nice, clean car and a smooth ride.

Many hotels offer that limo service transfer included in the price, both ways.

I use the Thai limo service too. Very smooth and convenient, smoking allowance included.

Don't forget to add some 30 THB for the toll-way though ;)

Archived