Which Markets Are The Best

Torneyboy

Which Markets Are Thae Best?

Patpong Night Markets

Chiang Mai Markets

Chiang Rai Markets

Phuket Market

Floating Markets (had to put this one in as my wife is from here)

Airport area Market BKK (Jai LIng ???)

Other Please Specify.

Which of these is the best value for tourists.

I know they are all different in there own way .

I get asked all the time about this from clients.

many only come to Thailand for a five/seven/ten day package.

so i ask what do you want to see /do in the time frame .

we want 2 nights in BKK ok Why?

we have heard about the Patpong markets and so it goes.

I stopped going and looking at the markets in detail some time ago,so i am after some good info on the current prices and degree of bargaining they can expect.

Last time i bought a t shirt in the Pong was 200 thb for one and less if i bought more..as an example.

Thanks guys

Guest lazyphil

Chatuchak is, imo the best market in the world. Of course i have not been to every market in the world but I'd like to hear of a better one in terms of size, quality of good and price and of course sanuk!!

Chatuchak (the weekend market) can only be beaten in one area: air conditioning! :onfire: It is one hot beast, but worth it for variety and price. I'm not sure the patpong night market has any advantage unless you just want to go to patpong. I think the place across from world trade is pretty good; same type stuff you find at the weekend market but indoors with A/C and is open every day.

Says Escape Rabbit:

Chatuchak (the weekend market) can only be beaten in one area: air conditioning! :onfire: It is one hot beast, but worth it for variety and price. I'm not sure the patpong night market has any advantage unless you just want to go to patpong. I think the place across from world trade is pretty good; same type stuff you find at the weekend market but indoors with A/C and is open every day.

Yes is next to the grayson Centre accross from the WTC i get a lot of clothes made there a good tailor.

The prices at the stalls are higher than patpong IMO.

But the A/C is a bonus.

lumphini bazaar got rave review from my friends who have also visited chatuchak & patpong. other than those khaosan rd area as well as pratunam are popular bets, while klong toey can't be beaten for pipe tobacco (20bt for severel months supply again according to my friend & his grand ma who swear by that worldclass tobacco perpaps only beat by the laos village markets!).

enjoy!

Says ib13:

lumphini bazaar got rave review from my friends who have also visited chatuchak & patpong. other than those khaosan rd area as well as pratunam are popular bets, while klong toey can't be beaten for pipe tobacco (20bt for severel months supply again according to my friend & his grand ma who swear by that worldclass tobacco perpaps only beat by the laos village markets!).

enjoy!

thanks .

Trying to get a handle on price and quality if dont have a lot of time to check out all markets.

• 3 weeks later...

what you list are mainly tourist traps!! :neener:

it depends what you are looking for. Naraiphan (as mentioned above) for thai handycrafts and thai souvenirs, Bobe and Pratunam for textiles, Chatuchak and Sampaeng Lane for a lot of cheap stuff, Pantip for IT etc.

Says samak:

what you list are mainly tourist traps!!
:neener:

it depends what you are looking for. Naraiphan (as mentioned above) for thai handycrafts and thai souvenirs, Bobe and Pratunam for textiles, Chatuchak and Sampaeng Lane for a lot of cheap stuff, Pantip for IT etc.

Thats why i asked the question :neener:

Thanks for the other info however Samak :up:

Ha ha ...and the last :neener:

Maybe go and delete :dunno:

I get asked a lot about shopping in Thailand and i do not get time to check them all out .

First 3 trips i went to all the main ones and now cant stand the hassel.

I was told by a hotel manager once that the market out near the airport is the best.

And many Pong market sellers buy from there and re sell :dunno:

Archived