Hard Rock Cafe BKK great, Pattaya sucks!

Bored with the go go scene after a day so a few of us headed up to the HRC BKK on Friday and the place was pumping. Great band, music, atmosphere, layout and scores of freelancers -- though many girls are dreaming just a bit with their requests for US $100 LT!

Fast forward a few days and we drop into the HRC Pattaya. Awful cafeteria-style layout with rows of tables simply lined up from the bar to the stage. Decent band but no one's dancing. The odd freelancer trapped at table number 235. Staff have attitude and the place ain't cheap.

Should change name to the Soft Cock Cafe. :down::dunno:

Great band? you're kidding right? The "Soul Power Band" is o.k. one time, but that "...we're here to help you party..." shit got on my nerves! Food is typical Western chain food, and expensive! Drinks the high end of average! But...I agree, the F/L in there are hot!!!! Were asking high prices as well. I guess if they see what you spend on a snack in this place, they expect more! I know one girl quite well who F/L there, she has a very good job during the day, but is after a few extra bucks as well. She will not go for less than 2500bht, and is always looking for a sponser to boot. She assures me the lot in there are the same...Of course, I have seen her and a few of the lot on Sukhumvit alone at 4 a.m....so...

I put a end to HRC visit in Khrungthep a few years ago. I bring a GTG and a BG there and they like the place and the music, they were not impress at all by the food and they were very upset at the price I paid.

For me I found the food so and so, very expensive and I was upset because the last time I was there the GTG after speaking Thai get Thai food and Thai food is not on the menu. The Thai food is much better than farang food but not a place to go for it. I was also upset by the fact that the waitress not one but two look down at the GTG because she was with a farang, I let them know I was upset about it and leave without giving a satang of tip.

Those days I don't go to farang chain places like that anymore, I much more enjoy going Tawan Daaeng Beer House with GTG or BG, the show is always very good, the beer is fantastic, the Thai food is awesome and the best part is that GTG or BG enjoy the place like me.

On my next trip I will try Isaan Tawan Daeng, 2 places in Bangkok because of the good comments coming from board member and I am sure that GTG and BG will enjoy it.

Great band? you're kidding right? The "Soul Power Band" is o.k. one time, but that "...we're here to help you party..." shit got on my nerves! Food is typical Western chain food, and expensive! Drinks the high end of average! But...I agree, the F/L in there are hot!!!!

OH, I didn't go there for the food! They had different bands on Friday and Saturday. The better band was on Friday, didn't get the name.

Certainly beat hanging out in near-empty go-gos with soi puppies staring at themselves in the mirror. :neener:

Archived