Why in the Hell was BED so crowded last night?

JJsushi

You're right... it's hip-hop night that pulls 'em in. The smooth move is to eat first and then move over to the bar from the restaurant... but even doing that we got lucky to get seats at the bar at around 10pm this week. Course I've never seen the kitchen entrance before... though it wouldn't have helped TOO much as we had a tough time even exiting the place so even if you could get in late there wouldn't have been too many places to stand.

Q-Bar on Sundays is packed as well... It's also hip hop night. Immortal on Khao Sarn has opened up- another hip hop place. Speed on Silom soi 4 is going strong...

Yeah it's a fashion that has finally come here from Japan (where it's actually fading now, according to a friend of mine who lives there) where black guys were all the rage for a few years.

Cheers!

Says Crash999:

Immortal on Khao Sarn has opened up- another hip hop place. Speed on Silom soi 4 is going strong...

What is Immortal near? I have never seen the place is it farang or Thai dominated?

BED seems to have many Pakistani?/Indian?, Japanese, African and English?/Australian? guys with 25% of the rest being Thai.

Says jjsushi:

Says Crash999:

Immortal on Khao Sarn has opened up- another hip hop place. Speed on Silom soi 4 is going strong...

What is Immortal near? I have never seen the place is it farang or Thai dominated?

BED seems to have many Pakistani?/Indian?, Japanese, African and English?/Australian? guys with 25% of the rest being Thai.

Immortal is next to Lava, which is also a fairly new place that's styled along the lines of Q Bar. Lava has a bit of an odd mix of backpacker types and Thais. A couple of cute bartenders there, though...

Immortal is probably 50% black guys and gals (either African, Euro, or American), 25% white guys and gals, and 25% Thais (mostly gals)... A bit of a small place that reminds me of my old frat house party room.

BED does have a lot of Pakistani and Indians. In the restaurant it was probably only 10% Thai (if you don't include the staff and the numerous dates of farang, myself included)... In the bar section I'd guess it more to be around 50/50... Downstairs, at least near the bar, there were a fair amount of Thais and some cuties dancing around.

I also can't get over how crowded it was on Tuesday. My friend and I were pretty drunk as we left and we literally had to wade/push through a big crowd just to get the heck out.

Will have to find that kitchen entrance next time. ::

Archived