Are you afraid of the dentist..?

I developed a phobia about dentists and refused to go for years. I paid for that mistake and am still paying. However, I go regularly now. The dentist I had in BKK was the best ever and the treatment the least painful. I am now planning on doing the non-cleaning stuff there on my annual trip for the next few years.

The strange thing about dental phobia is that I dread going every time and get panicky when I sit in the chair, but then, after it's over, it doesn't seem like a big deal. I guess phobias are seldom rational.

Khun Pad Thai

I *hate* going to the dentist and have had a couple of holes in my teeth that I've been putting off fixing. I finally went to the dentist here (recommended by a friend) and had a painless experience. I've got the biggie planned for Weds- a screwed-up root canal (done improperly many years ago in the US) that needs fixed. Possible operation. Yikes!

Course what makes things easier is that my dentist is a HOTTIE!!!!! :hubba:

Cheers!

Says SUZIBANDIT:

...Oh, as far as fear of dentists, when I was a kid the dentist used to let us pinch his arm whenever it hurt. Something like and I hurt you, you hurt me tradeoff...

That's interesting :). Shortly before he was stricken from the medical register, the alcoholic chain-smoking dentist I used to visit in the UK and I had the same sort of reciprocal arrangement ;). As soon as he inserted his "drill" into my cowardly mouth, I'd simply cup his testicles lightly but firmly in my right palm, simultaneously uttering softly the magical words, "Now, we're not going to hurt each other today, are we?" :nono:

That usually sobered the old bugger up. ::

jack :up:

Nice to see your report.

I am scheduled to have a cleaning here in the US in 2 weeks. Helped by the fact that my gums have receded somewhat over the years, putting the nerves into play, cleanings for me are quite painful and unpleasant.

On top of the fact that the dentist just makes a token appearance, seems like I get a different hygenist almost every time.

With my impending move to LOS, I will make my next appointment at Bumrumgrad

Sounds like my experience has been somewhat similar to yours. I got hit in the mouth years ago playing racquetball. After many infections, one extraction, one crown and many visits over the years finally had 2 more extractions and then 3 implants done last year. Next week I am having minor gum surgery to fill in a small gap between a couple of the implant crowns and that should finally be it.

Like you I am sick of dentists (and oral surgeons and periodontists and .....). What an ordeal!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of an accident, I lost a few teetha long time ago, and now ear dentures ( a plate). Mine are up fror replacement, and I'm thinking about doing them in BKK next time. Anyone here have any good suggestiosn about where to go for a good quality job?

Archived