What is sent/brought over for your kids to LOS?

limbo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

limbo,

Another thing a friend of mine suggested lately for a present is those paperweight balls filled with water and a scene that when you shake them it looks like a snowstorm inside. Don't know offhand what the hell these are called, but I know what he is talking of. Seems the Thais, kids and women anyway from what he said, go gaga over these things. I'll let ya know how the ones I buy go over with the wife and kid next month.

:-) Bringing them as X-mas presents.

Also intend on celebrating Xmas in Surin Isaan this time. Will find an artificial Xmas tree and the lights and baubles and do up an old fashioned Xmas for the wife and daughter. (I'm gonna have to tell her it's just for her and the kid though, otherwise every fucking relative in the village will be expecting a goddamned Xmas present! They may be Buddhist, but they seem to want be able to enjoy anyone elses holidays. Especially if it means presents, right?! :-) )

Cent

Hi Cent,

yep, know exactly what you mean, an ex of mine collected them so I purchased a few for her around the world. They'ld always sit next to the waterpens, remember them, a pen with a moving photo or image inside, had a few hundred of time from all over the place.

I never was big on Christmas, but I think I'll set up a tree now every year for the little one. Makes her aware that there is such thing in Europe.

Archived