What is sent/brought over for your kids to LOS?

limbo

So,

my question is in case you have children in LOS, is there anything specific you have send over to LOS especially for your children?

I just asked my parents to send some CD's with Dutch children songs on it, that seems hard to find here in LOS.

Obviously the question can be reversed as well, if have Thai or Luuk Kreung children outside of LOS, do you have things send over for them from LOS?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi WYD,

what kind of toys/games are you thinking of? When I'm in some shops hee, they seem to be well stocked, but I never really looked for specific toys since my toddler is still a bit too young for that.

Firstly I just wanted to say congrats and thanks for getting this family life forum up and running (thanks also to KS for being so obliging).

Now onto your question

>>>if have Thai or Luuk Kreung children outside of LOS, do you have things send over for them from LOS? <<<

Yes all the time, although these parcels mainly consist of clothing for my kids, there are quite often a few toys thrown in to help out with Xmas and birthdays etc.

The clothing packs that the wifes brother put together for us are fantastic, and the bottom line is that it saves us an absolute fortune against what we could be paying for stuff here in the UK.

Although kids clothes are still VAT exempt here, the prices do get hiked pretty fiercely and believe it or not you could end up paying more for a few decent kids outfits than you would for adults gear.

As for us being asked to send anything back to LOS for my niece and nephews, although I have never been asked to, I have always tried to find something maybe a little different from what I would expect to find on the shelves back in LOS and hopefully it would be a pretty nice surprise for them.

Although I must admit it is becoming more and more of a challenge to find something that could be classed as different!!

Gummi,

You still play with those ???

Anyway, I did compare the prices in BKK with prices here together with the GF, and for most brandnames prices are pretty similar........

And if go to sub-brands or copies, then LOS stays cheaper........

I speak after hours of boooooring shopping, it pleased her, it pissed me off :(

Cheers !

The last couple of times I have been in LOS I have gone hunting for Thai children songs + starter Thai books for kids. Its for my step sons Luuk Kreung kid.

The best selection I found for Thai children songs was in Emporium, but overall it was not so easy to find this stuff. Probably because I did not know where to look.

Cheers!

Kid's bicycles. The ones sold in Thailand are crappy. I buy them in the US, take them apart and fit the parts into a suitcase still leaving plenty of room for other things, peanut butter etc. I've brought over four including some good ole Schwinns.

I brought a Tonka truck over for my son. Once he outgrew it he gave it to another little kid down the road. Just the other day I heard the old truck being pushed along the road. My wife said that people can't believe that the thing still works after 5+ years of hard use. First time any of the locals had experience with a plastic toy that didn't fall apart within two days. Brought it from the US, probably made in China. Unfortunate that so many quality products are made in the region but not available in Thailand or expensive if you can find them.

Always English reading books. When the kids were younger and I was concerned about their getting enough exposure to English language I'd bring VDOs, Disney etc.

Archived