how did "her" kid(s) warm up to you?

pattaya127

The first time your GF or wife's kid(s) met you. Past the first shyness, did they take a liking to you, or stayed mum. What did you do to thaw the ice?

On my second trip, I took badminton rackets, and we played in front of the house til' nightfall. I was beat, and my joints hurt so much the morning after. Now, we also have a volley-ball, and of course, all the kids in the family love to play soccer. I think to play with them is better that just buy them stuff or candies, or give them some pocket change for the day. They learn fast! Last time, one kid came to me and asked right out 100 bahts. i told my GF, and she found out her daughter had told her cousin to go ask me, I would not refuse. Little rascals!

Hi,

While not the first time (which was rather hectic, 3 farangs and 6 Thai girls for an engagement party, mine), I brought a digital camera along. Instant hit.

Now we usually bring some VCDs, candy and a little fluffy dog! I do not really play with the kids, but do talk to them and none of them is really that shy around me anymore.

Especially my wife's son and nephew are very easy going. I guess the fact that they spend 4 weeks with us last year in BKK, and the son another 5 weeks this year, helped a lot.

Sanuk!

Says pattaya127:

The first time your GF or wife's kid(s) met you. Past the first shyness, did they take a liking to you, or stayed mum. What did you do to thaw the ice?

On my second trip, I took badminton rackets, and we played in front of the house til' nightfall. I was beat, and my joints hurt so much the morning after. Now, we also have a volley-ball, and of course, all the kids in the family love to play soccer. I think to play with them is better that just buy them stuff or candies, or give them some pocket change for the day. They learn fast! Last time, one kid came to me and asked right out 100 bahts. i told my GF, and she found out her daughter had told her cousin to go ask me, I would not refuse. Little rascals!

We took my wifes son to Hua Hin fo a week and he swam in the huge pool all day and we walked the beach and played cards (Thai game ...have to get an 8? foget...but he F*** won every hand.

Just enjoyed the new surroundings to the fullest.

Great boy english a little(thats saying something) better than my wife.

He loves all games and we send him new ones (without him asking btw)

When I first met my ex's kids they were kind of shy at first but took to me quickly. They were 7 and 11 at the time. I was a bit worried about the eldest one, he was very pissed off whenever some Thai suitor spent time around her. For some weird reason he accepted me, maybe his mum had convinced him beforehand? They lived in the village, were not used to city life. It was kind of fun when we brought them to a resturant, they did not know how to use a knife and fork.

Our wedding night was spent in a hotel in Khon Kaen, all 4 of us. They had never used a bathtub before and had a ball splashing water everywhere and playing. They arrived in my home country 1 year after their mum.

Cheers!

My stepdaughter is 11 and has been with us 2 years.She is a darkskinned beautiful little Issan girl That none of the hi-so chinese Thais, that live in our condo,allow their children to play or socialize with.

Except for her school time ,she uses me as her playmate.I enjoy playing with her to a point,then it is difficult to get her to stop.Sometimes it is difficult to get her to take parental requests seriously.

I have to admit though that it feels real good to have a "little snugglepuss" holding on to"dad".

Best Regards,Stan

Archived