@ ladies for free

I went to get some money exchanged one day and was greeted by 2 Thai ladies. They had spent the night with an Englishman who gave them 2000 French francs. They wanted me to exchange the money for them.

The French no longer use the franc. It was discontinued in 2001 and has a value of nothing. The man had all night sex for them and they got paid 2000 francs that are worth nothing!

To the best of my knowledge the Banque de France still accepts old French francs. This certainly would involve electronic money transfers to Paris, but it can be done. There must be branch offices of French high street banks in Bangkok where info can be obtained. eg BNP, Credit Lyonnais, Societe Generale.

Don't think much of the bloke who did this to the girls. I pay for my purchases!

Not quite right. Former national European currencies can be exchanged into Euro at the branch offices of the respective national banks. But in this case this would be the 'Banque National de France' in France.

They should keep the money and try to find a French punter who gives them the THB equivalent.

Says OCgringo:

if it was 2000 french francs, then that is a lot of money

I think the exhange rate was 8 or so to the US dollar (right before Euro changeover)

, so thats $250 US

Yep, FFR 2000 today would be 14600 Bt, lots of money and ONLY exchangeable in France at the French national bank.

Those 2 girls should find a nice Frenchie to sell him the money :)

Cheers !

Archived