Girls wages in the bars

Incidentally, see my posting in Closing Times, for, I hope, accurate information that closing times have, today effective unknown, been extennded until 2AM country-wide.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was told that this would begin Sunday.

TIT

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nepfan

Can you tell me that if you pay the 8000 to 12000 baht to buy her out and then never have to pay her bf again. Is this relative to any time, I mean if you pay this 8000 can you then continue to take her out forever and pay no more bf's for her to the bar. Or is it just for one extended session of time for example a week or two all at once.

Buy out is for as long as the owner lets it continue and that can vary so you need to clear that up in the beginning. My first buy out was several years ago when I was traveling in and out of Thailand regularly.

Met a girl I was really serious about. She moved from dancer to Dek Serve so she wouldn't have to go with customers. She would have stopped working entirely but then would have been bored hanging around the room I was paying for in addition to her salary.

Since I was arriving LOS frequently for 1 or 2 weeks at a time it seemed a good idea. She would not work when I was in Thailand and I didn't have to pay bar fines. I discussed this with the owner beforehand.

Well, all was swell for several months and then I came to town one time and I had to pay the bar fine. I wasn't all that tuned in to things at the time and was confused but paid the bar fine.

Later I became friends with the owner. My True Love had a Thai boyfriend staying at the room I was paying for and had been regularly going with customers while I was out of town. Reinstituting bar fines was the owners way of warning me off. Owner figured I would come talk to her about the bar fines and she would find a polite way to tell me what was going on.

Wish I could say I dropped the girl like a hot potato but I continued on with her for some time because I loved her. Should have dropped her second time she screwed up (Everybody should get a second chance, shouldn't they?) Well, we all have to learn our lessons somewhere, don't we?

A lot of the service girls in Nana have been bought out. They have regular boyfriends who visit LOS and want to spend time with them. But, they like working and talking with their friends so their boyfriend buy them out. Some cheat on their boyfriends and some don't.

But if you are going to buy a girl out. Talk directly yourself with the owner of the bar and make sure there is a clear understanding all around. Don't let the girl or the mammasan arrange it as they may keep some of the money or, possibly, keep all of the money and not even tell the owner what is going on.

Incidentally, I imagine an owner might let a dancer be bought out but I don't recall it happening. The purpose of having dances is so they can be bar fined.

If you are thinking of a buy out because you want to take a girl on a long holiday (16 days at 500 Baht per day = 8000)

you might consider talking politely to the owner and get a discount on the bar fines. Some owners might go for it and some won't.

nepfan,

Sorry if this a stupid newbie question but as I am thinking of buying out a dek serve for about a month on my next trip I would like to try to negotiate a buyout fee with the owner. Trouble is (for me anyway), how would I know the owner was really the owner.I could negotiate with the mammasan or pappasan and would never know or would it not matter as long as I had paid somebody !!

Thanks Hall

Good point. They probably won't mislead you about who has the authority. Of course, you can always post the name of the bar here and get private responses as to who the owner is.

But, it is really kind of moot since you're only doing a one-shot deal. You pay the money and disapear for a month. Where's your risk? The girl is going to be sure that it is a real deal and she can return to work.

Another option might to be negotiate a one price deal directly with the girl. She gets a salary and takes care of the bar fines out of her end. She will get a cheaper price (maybe 500 Baht for Saturdays and Sundays and 200 Baht for S - Th .....That would be, uhhh, uhhh, uhhh 8,000 Baht for 4 weeks.

Pardon me for asking, but have you really thought this through? From your comment I gather you don't have a specific girl in mind.

Committing yourself to a month with a total stranger has no better chance of success here than anywhere else. I would suggest small sips before swallowing the whole month.

But, what do I know, anyway?

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: nepfan ]

Hall

Just a word of warning on taking a BG out for long time, make sure you do this right.

I did it wrongly, altough it was LOS trip number 20, but first very long time with BG.

I met her before and agreed on a one month stay in may. I explained 30x500 baht bar fine was to much.

"No plobem" she said, if you come one month you no pay bar fine.

On my first night in town she insisted we go to her bar to say goodby to her friends and the mamasan. I had one drink, had to pay one for the mamasan and tip her (just 100 baht) and off we went.

Two months later I learned by phone she got a 6000 baht salary deduction in june for being absent (with a customer) in may.

She certainly did not play a smart game, but a buyout would have solved the problem I was not aware of.

Again I say....these girls, as much as I love and cherish them, are not well educated and can't do the math to compute the bar fines. You would have been better sorting this out with the Mamasan or owner, not the girl.

If you want to check my theory out, ask a girl to add up your bill for you before you send it to the cashier.

re nepfan's point.

My GF is as bright as a button in all sorts of ways ... she's managed to extract almost as much money out of me as the taxman anyway. But simple maths is a problem with her, just lack of education. No fault of her own.

Try as I might to explain it to her, she thinks the bigger the exchange rate, the richer the country is.

Therefore,

UK is tops 64 baht to pound

US second 44 baht to $

Aus OK but only 24 to $

Poor old Sweden only 4 baht to kroner.

... so next time you see a Swede driving by in his turbo charged Saab, spare a dime for the poor bugger!

I was in Bangkok during July and after spending 3-4 days with my G/F paying b/f I decided I would have her for the remain 4 weeks. I paid 10,000baht for one of Carnivals superstars. As soon as we decided she would stay the 4 weeks the mamasan took us to see the owner. I spent 10-15mins double checking the conditions.. Basically She has no further obligations with Carnival. She received her monthly salary for that month.

She is able to return if she wants.

The salaries that were mentioned are pretty much on the money.. The girls that do the shows do get extra.. Ill find out how much and get back to you.. Im pretty sure Carnival didnt have the off's setup.. But then again my g/f was a superstar and was outside most nights.. 3000-4000 baht for long time.. Thats a result of 90% of her clients being Japanese!!!

Pussyraider

Archived