Girls wages in the bars

I was talking to a couple of girls in a bar last night and got the following details.

Waitress 4000B must get 5 offs per month.

Dancer Bikini 6000B 7 offs per month

Dancer Topless 8000B 8 offs per month

Dancer Naked 10000B 10 offs per month

Failure to reach the target of offs results in a 500B deduction per off missed.

In excess of the above offs the girl receives

an extra 100b each excess off.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly Close. Compensation packages vary from bar to bar but a composite might look like this:

Waitress 3500-4500 (Offs optional). A couplle bar beers pay service as much as 7,000 per month. I am not aware of a bar that has a minimum number of offs except some of the Bar Beers, but I imagine it is out there.

Dancer Bikini 6000-8000 (5-12 offs per month or salary is cut 200 to 500 per missed off)

Dancer Topless 7000-9000 (5 -12 offs per month or salary is cut 200 to 500 Baht per missed off)

Dancer Naked 8000-10000 (5-12 offs per month or salary is cut 200 to 500 Baht per missed off)

About 30% of dancers do not meet their off quota monthly and have their salaries cut.

Optional Incentives:

A very few bars provide commissions for being barfined in excess of minimum.

Service recieves all tips given directly to them and 25% - 50% of drinks purchased for them. Most bars will only give commissions on "lady drinks" so if a girl is drinking booze with you she either likes you or is a lush. Recently more bars have started to include alcohol drinks in the commission structure.

Service also recieves pro-rata share of all community tips (money left in the tray) to be shared among DJ, mammasan, cashiers, Service and other non-dancing staff. To be eligible for each nights community tip split employee must punch time clock before a certain time (usually 5PM to 6PM). The average community split for a service girl is 50 -150 Baht per night.

Approximately 50% to 70% of Service are, by their own choice, never bar fined to go with a customer. They are occasionally bar fined by friends, or boyfriends of friends, so they can go out early for various reasons.

I know of one dancer in NEP who averages 50 Bar fines per month. Over 10 bar fines is above average and over 20 is way above average.

Most bars cut salary pro-rata to salary for no show Sunday -Thursday and 500 For Friday and Saturday. Consistant no shows are usually warned and then no show penalty is raised to 500 Baht for all 7 days of the week.

A very few bars require a certain number of lady drinks per month or salary is cut.

Show participants recieve anywhere from 50 - 150 Baht extra per day. A couple show Superstars recieve 300 to 500 Baht extra per day for doing shows.

Each girl recieves 1 -2 personal days off per month. A couple bars give service a day per week off. Most bars will allow good employees to take a week, a month or several months off for personal business or to return home if there is sufficient advance notice given. Never, that I am aware of, to go with a customer.

Girls can be "bought out" for 8,000 - 14,000 Baht which means that the customer who bar fines them need never pay a bar fine for that girl again. Or if the girl is going to leave the bar to stay an extended time with a customer and wants to return to work she must be "bought out" or she can not return to her job in the future.

Usually, if the customer pays more than 8,000 Baht to "buy-out' a girl the extra money is given to the girl or shared with the mamasan

Superstars, of course, always recieve special treatment.

What have I forgotten?

One quite popular bar I know in Soi 7 Pattaya pays only 1800/mth. first 7 days trial period no pay at all. Expected to stay back and clean bar for an hour once per week. No compulsion or penalties for offs though. Tips when divided between all staff... from band to toilet attendant average only 40 baht at the moment. 8 hour (was 10 hour) working night. And the owner is struggling to meet costs so I hear.

... so don't be too mean with your tips guys!

nepfan - a quality post as usual, I tip my hat to you sir for your contributions that are much appreciated by one at least.

To add a few more scenarios to those presented by yourself....

waitress in one SC gogo - 2000THB per month, no minimum drinks and no bar fines required.

Bikini dancer in same bar - 4000THB per month , 40 ladies drinks per month, no bar fines required.

TTFN

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: Dapper ]

Hi,

"Waitress 3500-4500 (Offs optional). A couplle bar beers pay service as much as 7,000 per month. I am not aware of a bar that has a minimum number of offs except some of the Bar Beers, but I imagine it is out there."

The owner of one of the bars in NEP (the guy you don't know that well) just told me that it was common practice for the waitresses to have a barfine quota as well. The amount he gave was 4.

Sanuk!

Dapper, thanks for the compliment. I get so few and I want so many.

I'm only marginally familiar with Soi Cowboy rates. I'd love to hear the name of the bar that has no bar fines. I haven't heard about that and I'm sure the owner wouldn't mind your posting that. This would be earth-shattering news and I would be there tommorrow to check it out.

Khun Sanuk....Now you got me thinking, and I really hate to do that. I know, or at least thought I knew, that Crown Group (10 bars), Playskool, Hollywood Strip, Hollywood Rock Beverly Hills, Red Lips, Rainbow and Rainbow II don't have minimum offs for Dek Serves. I also thought our mutual friend, from a country beginning with the letter I, didn't have that policy as I know one Dek Serve working there whose policeman husband would really really be upset if somebody bar fined her.

Guess I better ask around before I put my foot in my mouth.....Never happened before...Yeah, Right!

Incidentally, see my posting in Closing Times, for, I hope, accurate information that closing times have, today effective unknown, been extennded until 2AM country-wide.

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: nepfan ]

Archived