Whiskey the Thai way!

aussiejohn

Plaa,I can't say I've tried that one!! I have tasted a type of Wine-Whiskey,comes in a large beer type bottle. Colour is red,and taste is fairly ok and not a bad buzz either!! Can't remember the name,but I know it's just under 100 Baht in the shop!! aussiejohn

Is this only a Thai thing or is this actually marketed in the Wesy?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No it is not only a Thai thing we have it here in Canada, did not taste it here because I taste it in Thailand and it was one time to much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Falang,

I had no idea it was available here in Canada, but then again, I had totally forgotten about it until this thread! Tried it in Chiangmai I think last year(bought one at a minimart) and remember not finishing it. I think it was mixed with soda and lemon maybe? Really bad though...

it's not only a thai thing; it can also been found widespread among Chinese: Singapore, Hongkong and now as well in Shanghai; with the small difference, that the Chinese not only use Whiskey, but also expensive Cognac (preferably Remy Martin XO) or expensive Wine; Chateau Laffite Rothschild on the Rocks or Angelus with Soda.

Archived