Whiskey the Thai way!

aussiejohn

I don't know if this is the universal thai way for whiskey drinking but anytime I've been out with Thai friends, it's the following: Small amount of whiskey in glass,plenty of both ice and soda and then a little water!! I can not taste anything but cool water,but shit drink enough and you'll damn well crash the motorbike on the way home! LOL ..... aussiejohn.

Says aussiejohn:

I don't know if this is the universal thai way for whiskey drinking but anytime I've been out with Thai friends, it's the following: Small amount of whiskey in glass,plenty of both ice and soda and then a little water!! I can not taste anything but cool water,but shit drink enough and you'll damn well crash the motorbike on the way home! LOL ..... aussiejohn.

Many times up north drinking with my now ex Gf family and friends.

The whiskey (Thai one )gold label 200bt starts with S from memory.

I was drinking Blue Eagle and coke with ice.

They would put ice and some water,also the beer Leo straight from the box to the glass and through some ice in and away we went...oh what a night .

A week actually..great time you can learn heaps from the thais when getting stuck into the booze.

Trouble is i can never remember a damn thing next day :doah:

A different booze, yes, but have you ever tried Sang Som(Thai rum), served the same way but with a lime squeeze and a little salt? Pretty tasty stuff!

Yeah, I laughed my ass off when some wealthy Thais in BKK were bragging that they were whiskey experts and only drank Chivas. They then went ahead and put a thimble full of whiskey in a huge glass of soda. Amazing.

The other one that never ceases to amaze me is top shelf whiskey mixed with cola. WTF is that? :dunno:

You can take the Thai executive out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the Thai executive. :banghead:

The other one that never ceases to amaze me is top shelf whiskey mixed with cola. WTF is that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad, but so true...how about the Johnnie Walker Coolers, IMO, another marketing strategy gone horribly wrong...

The other one that never ceases to amaze me is top shelf whiskey mixed with cola. WTF is that? :dunno:

Indeed WTF!

My wife's uncle, a very kind and rich guy, is a good example.

He loves to drink Johnny Walker Red, Black and even Blue label with......soda/cola :(:down:

Such a waste for such good whiskey.

It really hurts me to see them wasting good stuff like that. :help:

Hi aussiejohn,

When I have been with thai friends, it normally goes like this.

Straight Lao Khao in the communal glass, no ice, no water. After a few rounds, you will need another bottle and they are already beginning to get shit-faced.

When the second bottle is emptied they are definitely shit-faced and so are you if you have been keeping up with them.

After a little more than an hour the show is over and most are sound asleep. ::

cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived