Buffet lunch in the Oriental

pe7e

Steer clear of the pork salad at the Oriental. It gave me food poisoning last time I was there. I have had food poisoning 3x in Thailand-- once at the Oriental (Lord Jims), once at Fuji and once at a major bank cafeteria. Pork salad was the culprit on two occasions. Never again!!

Other than that complaint, food was great the 3-4 times I have eaten there. Go in a day early and make a specific table reservation if you want a great view.

I had that a long time ago, in the Lord Jim restaurant it was called, I think. the buffets at the oriental, dinner too, and the Shangri-la are indeed great. Better than in San Francisco, so maybe, some of the best in the world :bow:. I went to these places for buffet dinner many times, and there was no going out after dining there as i could hardly walk, having stuffed myself to the hilt :).

go, if you want to gain weight and loose a few bucks!

have never been myself to the Buffet lunch at Oriental and will not go for a while as i am still on Diet :banghead:

but the Dim Sum Lunch at Oriental's Chinese Restaurant is marvellous.

don't go in shorts; they would probably not let you in.

I went to the lunch buffet at the Conrad the other day. Absolutely incredible! They have everything you can think of on this buffet. Even a carving station for a huge grouper fish!

About 600 baht and, yes, it seems to be very popular as I was told reservations are recommended - for lunch.

I've tried the lunch buffet a couple of times there but was not impressed with the food. Service and ambience is 1st rate as are the Cold selections, but the hot buffet items on my visits were mediocre at best.

I'm told the place to go is across the river where they have their training school and seem to pull out all the stops. Maybe some of the locals have more detail on this.

I'm told the place to go is across the river where they have their training school and seem to pull out all the stops.

--------------------------

I was disappointed when I ate there. was good, but had the same expectations about pulling all the stops. What's the name? Sala rim noi or something like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived