10 Best airports - according to IATA

dsab

Was just reading that the IATA made a big passenger survey, and according to this survey these are the 10 Best Airports in the World:

1. Dubai

2. Changi - Singapore

3. Hong Kong

4. Copenhagen

5. Kuala Lumpur

6. Incheon - Seoul

7. Athens

8. Vancouver

9. Cincinnati

10. Sydney

I haven't been to all of them, but I would rate Changi and HK over Dubai. And Athens was complete chaos last time I was there....must have changed a lot.

Says dsab:

Was just reading that the IATA made a big passenger survey, and according to this survey these are the 10 Best Airports in the World:

1. Dubai

2. Changi - Singapore

3. Hong Kong

4. Copenhagen

5. Kuala Lumpur

6. Incheon - Seoul

7. Athens

8. Vancouver

9. Cincinnati

10. Sydney

I haven't been to all of them, but I would rate Changi and HK over Dubai. And Athens was complete chaos last time I was there....must have changed a lot.

Hong Kong is new and they got i right after some teething troubles with baggage handling...and the train inside is great for a quick getaway.

Singapore big face lift and same for Sydney for the 2000 Olympics.

Dubai is good but not number one imo

All--

I'd pretty much agree with this list.. From a commerical pax point of view it sounds like it is on the money.. Of course, there are always a few sub-hub and regional airports that could/should make the list, but as for the majors, this is the best of the best...

Only 2 were a suprise to me... YVR and CVG.. Both excellent airports, but I have never really thought of them as "best of class"...

--UPSer

Archived