10 Best airports - according to IATA

dsab

Btw The OLD Hong Kong airport was fun landing at Imo .

Not so for first timers however...looked like you could see people in thier room watching TV it was so close at times

TB,

Landing or taking off at the old HKG airport in Kai-Tak was no fun at all. This airport was a safety- hazard especially in times of an approaching typhoon. I often wondered why no serious accidents happend over there. Btw pilots had to undergo special simulator training before they were permitted-even as a co pilot- to fly an aircraft to Kai Tak.

Says jp1:

Btw The OLD Hong Kong airport was fun landing at Imo .

Not so for first timers however...looked like you could see people in thier room watching TV it was so close at times

TB,

Landing or taking off at the old HKG airport in Kai-Tak was no fun at all. This airport was a safety- hazard especially in times of an approaching typhoon. I often wondered why no serious accidents happend over there. Btw pilots had to undergo special simulator training before they were permitted-even as a co pilot- to fly an aircraft to Kai Tak.

Hi,

agree not easy for the pilots at times .

I have a few friends that fly for Qf and i know the exams and re training every 6 months they go through...and stay away from them when are due for a re test.....

Not happy guys that week i must say,

Just from a pax point of view landing ...were are they going to put this thing down must come into thier minds...

Archived