Where to take the kids??

Hi all,

I will, at some stage in the near future, be taking another trip back to LOS with the whole family, wife and 3 kids.

Now I am sure that it will be the usual 3 nights in the village before the wife kicks me out because I look too bored, or to go and find someone to talk to or whatever.

Now my dillema for this trip would be that when I do get kicked out of the village :), I plan on taking my 2 eldest with me (my youngest is only 6 months, so best left in the village I think).

Now I have a boy and a girl ages 5 and 4 respectively, but what should I do with them and where could I take them to keep them amused.

I am prepared for anything that you throw at me, so please fire away (insults as well) with any ideas on how to please a couple of Luk Khrungs who dont speak Thai....

Thanks in advance!! :help:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, who do you wanna please? Your kids or yourself? Your kids will be happy in the village for sure, plenty of others to play with.

Maybe a compromise is best, get your wife away from village after some more time than 3 days, and do something as a family. It usually ends up as you have lined up - Thai girls unable to get that farangs do not go to Thailand to sweat in Bahn nook. And farang goes on sanook. In that case, face that she is just a temporary wife.

>>>First, who do you wanna please? Your kids or yourself? <<<

Without a doubt, the kids. I know where I can go, and I know where I would like to go, and it might not be where you think.

>>>Your kids will be happy in the village for sure, plenty of others to play with.<<<

Yeah I know, but I just thought now they are growing up a little that it would be nice to be able to take them to see a few sights and do a few things together. Just like back in the UK.

>>>Maybe a compromise is best, get your wife away from village after some more time than 3 days, and do something as a family.<<<

The wife will have too many commitments on this next trip. People to see, things to do etc etc. We usually do, do the family thing. But this time she would be grateful for the space and the peace (with just the infant to look after).

I know I said she normally kicks me out, she does, but I usually just get on a bus to Nong Khai or Udon and go sit with the local farangs for an afternoon or 2, and then head back to the village with a decent book.

Back in the village, it probably aint quite like the usual family set up, because most of her family is in the UK (except 1 brother), in my town.

So when she goes back it is mainly her flapping around seeing friends, changing bank accounts, changing the names on land deeds and a number of other things that she may need to do.

I have also done my fair share of graft in the village in the past, but this time I want to relax and chill out with the kids.

Try to catch up with some of the quality time that I do miss back in the UK, because of work etc etc.

>>>It usually ends up as you have lined up - Thai girls unable to get that farangs do not go to Thailand to sweat in Bahn nook.<<<

She knows how I tick 110%, she knows what I like and what I dont, I also (think) that I know her pretty well.

>>>And farang goes on sanook. In that case, face that she is just a temporary wife.<<<

That may well be the case for some, but we have been together now for 8 years (5 married), so although I cannot predict the future, I do feel fairly confident that we do love each other now, and will continue to do so for sometime into the future. Well at least I hope so...

So back to my main question, where can I take my kids?

I have heard that there is a fun park or something in pty now, any other ideas??

Cheers.

Hi check_bin_krap,

Now you do not know me as I do not know you, but even still I feel that you are beginning to offer your judgement of me and my lifestyle.

Now I was under the impression that this 'Family Life' forum was (as I had previously discussed with Limbo) a forum for families with Luk Kreungs, where they can discuss this and that, as I am trying.

As for where I will be staying in Thailand, then as yet I have no idea. It will be the village (near Nong Khai) for a bit and then who knows. That is really why I asked my original question in the first place to try and get some ideas of 'WHERE TO TAKE MY KIDS?'.

Which, IMHO is a pretty valid question for this section

Now I could be totally wrong (and I hope that I am) and you could just be genuinely concerned for the safety of my kids (hence your comment about taking them away from their mum), for which I would be grateful, if this is the case then please accept my apologies for flaming a little :onfire:.

But then again you might feel that I am not a capable parent, in which case you should then proceed to report me to the appropriate authorities.

As for 'using my kids as an alibie', well that comment just angers me more than just a little :cussing:.

I would appreciate it if you would clarify your position with regards to my original post. :nono:

Thank you...

i have no kids, but i have spent most of my childhood holidays on farms and loved it. the other family holidays i have spent at the beach in italy or jugoslawia, and loved it as well.

i guess that the kids would like more than just three days in the village, and then some time at a good family style beach like, maybe hua hin. there are a few sights around as well which you can easily do in day or halfday trips.

Ah fly, thank you replying the first sensible answer to my question :bow:.

>>>i have no kids, but i have spent most of my childhood holidays on farms and loved it. the other family holidays i have spent at the beach in italy or jugoslawia, and loved it as well.<<<

I know where you are coming from here as I had similar breaks, although not in Italy or Yugoslavia. Thoroughly enjoyable and fairly cheap.

>>>i guess that the kids would like more than just three days in the village<<<

Definately!

>>>and then some time at a good family style beach like, maybe hua hin.<<<

Yep this is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for, I just want to make sure there are the facilities/amenities available for the kids to be safe and enjoy themselves.

>>> there are a few sights around as well which you can easily do in day or halfday trips.<<<

Thanks another area I would like to find some more information on, ie. theme parks, fun parks, water parks, zoos and similar types of attractions.

Can anyone emphasize on these types of places??

Thanks again fly. :beer:

Where is a valid question butcher. The reason I ask this is where do you go from.. What village?? Thats valid if you find it boring there and maybe want to go away for a short while around the countryside? Daytime maybe? It didn't seem to matter where? Thats seperate holiday.. Thailand is huge.

As for alibie - well, honestly. What do 4-5 yrs old what to do on their holiday? Stay with mum and dad of course. Thats not abuse of kids to not follow this, its just an indication of where your marriage is moving when even small ones can't make you gel together.

I stick to my original view, and you asked for it also if you read yr own post. Go back and read it :neener:

Your marriage is going nowhere with that attitude, been there, done it. You go on holiday and escape from eachother...

Cheers and good luck, its not meant in a bad way.

>>>Your marriage is going nowhere with that attitude,<<<

dunno, but a couple who has 3 kids in only 5 years looks for me rather intact.

...well,...at least in one aspect... :p

OK, OK check_bin,

I can see how my question could be misconstrued from a totally clean to a slightly perved one.

But the bottom line is that I had asked a simple question, albeit using the usual sort of male slanderous indecadent language that I am used to in my part of the UK.

>>>Where is a valid question butcher.

The reason I ask this is where do you go from.. What village??<<<

Tha-bo, (in between Si Chang Mai and Phon-Sa) near nong khai. I hope that this sets the geography thing straight.

>>>Thats valid if you find it boring there and maybe want to go away for a short while around the countryside? Daytime maybe? It didn't seem to matter where? Thats seperate holiday.. Thailand is huge. <<<

Yes her village is boring (well for long stints anyway), and the wife will be going back there on a mission to do things that I cannot really help out with, so instead of leaving the kids to go and play with the cow shit, and not be able to communicate with other kids, I wanted to take them to some places they would have a great time.

And this does not mean that they do not have a great time in the village, again I am just being sarcastic.

As for being a 'serperate holiday', well maybe I could have emphasised a little on exactly what I wanted to find, I just generalised it and hoped for a similar reply.

But now I will specify what I am looking for:

Places to take the kids for the day (or 2, maybe even 3), ie. waterparks, beaches etc. I do not know if they exist up in Issarn, neither does my wife.

I also know that Thailand is huge, but I also know that nowhere is more than 90 minutes (give or take) away by plane.

>>>As for alibie - well, honestly. What do 4-5 yrs old what to do on their holiday? Stay with mum and dad of course.<<<

Not necessarily, when I was growing up (as a bastard - no dad unfortunately) I was taken to holiday camps where the kids were suitably looked after by reps who ran the kids clubs. And I know that this still happens even in todays modern society.

>>>Thats not abuse of kids to not follow this, its just an indication of where your marriage is moving when even small ones can't make you gel together.<<<

I never said that it was abuse of kids not to follow this, and as for our relationship gelling together, WTF???

F*** me, the only time we aint apart (as a family unit) is when I or my wife is at work, or when one of us has a night out.

>>>Your marriage is going nowhere with that attitude, been there, done it. You go on holiday and escape from eachother...<<<

Attitude, what attitude? I felt that I asked an OK question in a generalised fashion, and I am sorry that it has been torn to pieces and now needs shredding.

>>>Cheers and good luck, its not meant in a bad way. <<<

I am very pleased to know that, thank you and good luck to you...

Archived