Where to take the kids??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Butcher, have I insulted you? I gave you advice from what I thought was right, its up to you to evaluate it. Mind you, what you asked for was this:

"I am prepared for anything that you throw at me, so please fire away (insults as well) with any ideas on how to please a couple of Luk Khrungs who dont speak Thai...."

I gave you my honest opinion, you got upset though I did not use the insults..

"Now I could be totally wrong (and I hope that I am) and you could just be genuinely concerned for the safety of my kids (hence your comment about taking them away from their mum), for which I would be grateful, if this is the case then please accept my apologies for flaming a little ."

Thats my comment on that I did not mean in any way that you abused your kids - safety - abuse is the same for me.

Again, you asked for clear opinions - I don't really think being married for 8 yrs keeps you clear from getting my ones. Its just an opinion, disregard it or take it.

You want to go on a seperate holiday in Thailand with kids, you want to get away from wife. Thats how I see it! And no, its not a 40 min ride with plane. Anyone who travels knows this. Its hours of travelling, preperation and so on.

You are fooling yourself. Sorry Butcher, be honest to yourself... You are bored of your wife, face it or slide away from her slowly :neener: :neener: Result same same

Cheers!

Well Butcher. Although I meant what I said, I can see I went too far and it did actually get insulting. Sorry about that.

Fly is correct on his evaluation of your productivity, it someone knocks the foundation straight out from my arguement. And after thinking about his solid arguement, it seems my points are weak :D

Pls don't take it too serious, and you asked for it! People are different, and maybe my experiences does not fit you.

Cheers!

(Feel free to kick my ass big time 1 time, just 1 time)

Hi BkkB,

my todler is only 6 months, as of today! So I'm not that well informed about where to take your kids at that age, however I think Pattaya has a few things to offer, miniature Siam, the new underwater world and Jomtien beach around the corner.

If you're interested, I can PM you details of my cousins hotel, ideally located between Pattaya and Jomtien, away from the main road. Very quiet and relaxed.

I can see I went too far

-----------------------------

especially since he asked in Family life, not RT. i think we should refrain to patronize or comment on someone's private life, if they do not ask our input on it.

Couples need some time from each other (see my avatar :D). That's all i understood BKKB was saying.

BTW, he mentions Pattaya, so here I come:

Plenty for the kids, Jomtien beach or Pattaya park, food they are used to, monkey show, maybe a movie, etc.....

They may a bit small for other attractions, but who knows, like Sri Racha Tiger zoo, mini siam, nong nooch elephant show, again etc.....

Hi,

Took my wife's son and nephew to Siam Park City (water park, I hated it, they thought it was nice), the water park in The Mall Bangkapi (they liked this one as well) and Safari World (again, liked).

They are a bit older though (11 and 10).

Oh, and all of these parks are in BKK, which might be too far.

Sanuk!

Not much to do around Esahn traveling with kids. I'd head to Jomtien Beach.

Pattaya Park, about a half mile down a side road between S. Pattaya and Jomtien, for a few hours each day. Large wading pool for young kids, fun water slides, the tall slides are pretty exciting. Good place for people watching.

Rest of the day hang out at the beach, pool at hotel, whatever appeals. Jomtien has some good open air restaurants. Traveling with a 4 and a 5 year old without mom sounds to be a bit of a challenge but once you get to Pattaya there will be other kids to hang out with and it's easy getting around. Good for a 3-4 day trip.

Archived