Visa run via Mair Sot

Dexi

I`ve read its possible to cross over the river via the Thai-Myanmar friendship bridge at Moei near Mair Sot.This would be a good place for me to extend my visa as its an area I like to visit.Is it possible?,anybody tried it?...

I've many runs to Mae Sai and the walk across to Burma. You will only get the 30 day stamp unless you already have an unused visa in your passport. Just check beforehand that the Thais and the Burmese are in a pissing war and decided to close the borders for a few day/weeks/months.

Easy to do in a day trip from Chiang Mai. Just check with any of the locals at the expat bars on MoonMuang Rd. There is usually 3-5 trips a week going from one of them.

:grinyes:

I think our friend means Mae Sot, definitely not Mae sai. West of TAK and Sukhotai. Interesting if it proves to be feasible, but first time i hear of this. Mae sot was an enjoyable place to visit, the whole region between Tak and MS is quite untouristed and the landscapes are grand.

a lot of bargains on the markets in myanmar

-------------------------------

interesting border market, but beware the electronic copies (made in China) on sale. Not always working, and that's one place where you don't get a refund or an exchange. Also, same for cigarettes, if buying from the ambulant pestering vendors, open the cartons, this may not be the Matlboro shown on the box. Finally, the music Cds may or may not work correctly (best are the one in the their jewel cases, around 100 bahts), but at 30 or some baht the piece, you don't loose too much for trying.

Says pattaya127:

I think our friend means Mae Sot, definitely not Mae sai. West of TAK and Sukhotai. Interesting if it proves to be feasible, but first time i hear of this.

I did a visa run earlier this year thru Mae Sot, so it definately is/was possible.

Archived