Going to Pkt with my 8 yr old-any time for fun ?

paulo069

Hello

due to circumstances my family has broken up which is sad but life has to continue. My next role is to take my 8 year old son on holiday and Phuket has already been booked for months and paid for. Of course I want to show him all around the island and I am sure he will love it out there.

But it would be nice also for me when his back is turned for me to participate in a little fun of the naughty nocturnal kind.

Of course this is going to be extremely difficult but i think i will be able to find a way forward. But how ? Any ideas as to i may do this ? Do most hotels offer child minder facilities or children's trips ?

Phuket is very family oriented so it will not be difficult to find a nanny if you ask your hotel.

Every time I go to Phuket I see a lot of nanny caring for tourist children.

Almost every Thai love children so he will be care very good.

Most big hotels have on site baby sitting sevices. Others can arange it for you. Don't sweat it too much!

Some even have these lttle half day kiddie clubs, but I don't recall which ones. Problem is daytime "fun" in Phuket is pretty limited. Do you already have hotel arrangements?

As an alternative, have him carry a big bunch of roses and accompany you in the bars. He tugs on everyones shirt and will fit right in! Well maybe not.

Paulo,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune in your personal life. Thailand is the perfect place to go to cure whatever ails you. Unless of course you have gastrointestinal problems already.

My recommendation is that you stock up on a good supply of Benadryl and then discretely purchase some soft restraints. The use of any duct tape of course would be "up to you" since the removal can be a bit painful.

If this is not your style then another option is to barfine an older BG that has that maternal look about her. Pay her her normal fee and I am sure all will be happy.

If all else fails check with one of the better hotels and I am sure that they can secure a babysitter.

Hi Paolo69,

That will probably be a problem.

A nanny is supposed to look after a child during the day time not during the night.

I was in Thailand just 3 weeks ago with my 9 year old son, but I have a regular GF who came to pick us up at Mor Chiit, so we were together all the time all three of us. Went very well indeed. You could do something like this as well although you should of course excercise caution with regards to who you hook up with.

You could also do like a friend of mine did in PTY. During day time he would scout for some "talents", get their cell phone numbers and when his daughter fell asleep, he would call them and they came to his room. :shhh:

I am sure your son will enjoy Phuket.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

The bigger (more family orientated) hotels will definately provide a baby sitting service. Usually this is one of their own staff whose day shift has ended, and is picking up a bit of extra cash. That way at least you know the person is responsible, and won't clear the room out of valuables (or harm the kid!).

These services are usually not cheap though (pay by the hour), and would have thought the best you could get would be a few hours done (I doubt very much they would go for overnight sitting for example).

You will invariably need to "pre-book" the person, maybe put in the request in the morning for that night, because as said, its usually some one whose shift has ended. Leave it too late and they will have gone home!!

If your hotel is boooked already , an email to them might be a good idea.

-j-

PS: I most certainly *don't* recommend the b/g route!

Hi Paolo69,

Kamala?

Funny you should mention it.

I lived in Kamala for a couple of months with wife and son. He was at that time 1 years old and we had a local nanny to take care of him in the daytime. She lived right next door so it was very convenient.

I would say that Kamala is a very good place to go and spend some time with your son although the "action" is some 5 kilometres south of there. ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

i guess you mean the action is in patong right ? but last year i visited karon and although very quiet i found what i wanted without too much trouble. hopefully the same will apply to kamala beach. also visiting in september during the rainy season so am i right to assume that a lot of the regular girls will be not so active ?

Archived