How do you spend your day off?

limbo

Yeah I know what you are saying LP,

I just wish I knew a few more people abroad.

That would make a considerable change from Liverpool, Birmingham and Manchester etc etc. :banghead:

Not that there is anything wrong with these areas of course :grinyes:, but it would just be nice to get away somewhere different.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Until we went I never had any desire to go to Austria, now that we went I feel very lucky to know someone here who seems happy to have us over. Its a beautiful place and not nearly as expensive as I thought it'd be.

Guest lazyphil

I'll find a vantage point on the mountain (in a warm bar ::) to drink my beer and watch them damage themselves on the powdery slopes :cover:

We usually catch a movie, and usually have dinner, more often than not with other couples. We are out of Bangkok about every second weekend too. My weekly column used to take a lot of time but these days I am able to write the bulk of it during the week so can enjoy the weekend with my wife and friends.

For me, I prefer to get away from BKK at the weekend.

Stick

Hi Stickman,

can imagine that it'ld be nice to get away from BKK once in a while. Guess that's very different to the island life.

I'm living since almost 6 months straight on Samui, when I need a break, it's not necessarily in order to get away from the island, but more to get away from work as well.

Am planning a little trip in october.

I'm with that, I try to get up to bangkok to catch up with friends there for my weekends. Its not very often that the other half and myself have the same day off. When we do we're usually too knackered to do anything so generally just laze about ... or go down the beach ::

Ideally every second weekend the Wife and I will go to Hua Hin........Other weekends we may goto Ayuthaya and the last weekend of the month is usually spent around the house.....

Personally, I would like to spend every weekend in the provinces, whether it is Hua Hin, Ayuthaya or whereever!!!!!!!

Given we have a car, it is so easy and cheap to spend a night in a province and go exploring, or playing golf or sitting by the pool!!!!

The biggest headache! Where are we going ? Do many damn options for us!!!!!!! it's a nice headache though!

SB.

Limbo,

Hua Hin is a simple beach resort style place! If your planning to spend your time in the city centre during the daytime and do shopping or other city related things then you will be bored out of your brains as there really is not much to do! Sitting on the beach, by the pool, exploring are some of the things we do down there...the majority of the time I play golf and this will be a min. of 18 holes and normally 36 holes of golf a weekend!!!!!!

What I like about Hua Hin ; It has a relaxed atmosphere, its on the beach, plenty of accomadation options (3 -->5 star) so we don't have to book in advance and it is a 2.5 hour drive which is acceptable!

One of my favourite places to be is at sunset sitting on the seafood restuarant piers over the water having fresh seafood accompanied by a beer and hearing the water lap up against the beach!!! Very , very soothing!!

I guess the main thing I like about being in the provinces is ; you can pick a main provincial town as your home base for the weekend and go out and explore from there!!!! .

SB.

Archived