How do you spend your day off?

limbo

Up till march this year I was the office manager of our main dive shop on Chaweng, and had regular working hours and days off. The day off was together with my wife, so we enjoyed lazing around or doing something together.

The office hours during the week were also very convenient, either starting at 09.00am or 02.00pm. So if I started at 02.00pm, there was plenty of time to deal with banks, postoffices etc every day.

Now the situation has changed, I'm back to teaching again, and no set days off anymore so whenever I do have a day off, I run around the island taking care of all these little silly things that needs to be taken care of, like banks, postoffices, telephone bills, equipment repair etc etc. That's the one day off per week we have.

If there's freetime left, than the baby eats it up.......

WEonder what you guys out there do in your spare time.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Hmm, free time eh?.... let's see.

Work. Message board. Nong Noi. Sleep. Not much left :)

Seriously, I try to spend some time with my wife, but I have to admit that more often than not I am behind a computer a good part of the weekend. We do do our weekly grocery shopping together though every weekend.

And I try to take her out on Saturdays, but this is usually met with "I'm tired", "I don't know where to go", "Too expensive", ...

Sanuk!

Day off...we have TWO Limbo.

Well most weekends anyway.

Go to the local Temple either Sat or Sunday/visit my parents .

Movies if something new and good is showing.

Shopping we do at night usually Thursday night so weekend is free.

Although my wife has been in Sydney for nearly 3 years she has seen nothing of the place so we make a point of seeing a new area each weekend.

With having a large number of thai friends we also enjoy picnics and games on Sunny weekends and or Karoke at night.

Always pretty busy weekends but lots of fun.

She works long hours in her Restaurant and likes to relax when possible.

Pay bills etc we share or use the net.

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

Hmm, free time eh?.... let's see.

Work. Message board. Nong Noi. Sleep. Not much left
:)

Seriously, I try to spend some time with my wife, but I have to admit that more often than not I am behind a computer a good part of the weekend. We do do our weekly grocery shopping together though every weekend.

And I try to take her out on Saturdays, but this is usually met with "I'm tired", "I don't know where to go", "Too expensive", ...

Sanuk!

Very well said KS,

does that sound all too familiar, no life behind the computer and going out with all the objections. :doah:555555555

I like to get away with the wife and friends on the weekend. Either day trips or overnight. Usually Friday night with some friends and then the rest of the weekend we spend together. Always something to do and I need another holiday to recover from the real weekend. Late Sunday afternoon is usually spent around the house, where we catch up on our chores and sit down to UBC series

Due to our jobs we rarely have the same days off.

We can't even enjoy eachother at the weekends as mine are always packed. :banghead:

We do go to BKK once a month where we either go to our favorite restaurants, catch up with English movies, weekend markets and the occasional family visit when there's something worth celebrating. :)

She doesn't like to accompany me to any sort of bar. ::

Guest lazyphil

<<WEonder what you guys out there do in your spare time>>

Both work shifts but manage to do stuff together....

Recently had a week in Austria/Italy, went to a good friends traditional church wedding (non tg ::) stayed over at the hotel for drink driving reasons!, Battersea, London Thai food festival (yesterday),playing pool down our local pub (you can take the bg out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl :D), going swimming at local pool, bike rides (got seat for our nipper), local Thai partys (last one at our local; mine of 14 years and will supply gossip for some months!!), out to meals at olde English pub/restaurants (no mushy peas though brink15!!)

Says lazyphil:

<<WEonder what you guys out there do in your spare time>>

Both work shifts but manage to do stuff together....

Recently had a week in Austria/Italy, went to a good friends traditional church wedding (non tg :
:)
stayed over at the hotel for drink driving reasons!, Battersea, London Thai food festival (yesterday),playing pool down our local pub (you can take the bg out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl
:D
), going swimming at local pool, bike rides (got seat for our nipper), local Thai partys (last one at our local; mine of 14 years and will supply gossip for some months!!), out to meals at olde English pub/restaurants (no mushy peas though brink15!!)

Thats pretty good going LP,

I must admit that it doesnt seem to be as easy organising things with 3 kids though. Not saying it is impossible, just a damn sight trickier.

Guest lazyphil

Thats spread over considorable time I must add. Not the average week!..mind you I just was talking to my mate in Austria and looks like we might go skiing in Dec or Jan. Going with Ryanair this time if we do as I'm through with traveling to Heathrow. BTW neither of us has been skiing before. It will be an interesting week ::

Archived