sleeping tablets

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mongatu,

Do u exercise regularily?

My doctor told me that NSAIDS won't help 'myo-facial', or chronic muscle pain, only exercise, mediation, change to a healthier life style, etc

The drugs will just give temporary relief...

Read about Ambien, can u buy it in the Mango? Or get from a doctor?

I was recently prescribed 'Domar', a 'minor tranquilizer', and recommended to see a phychiatrist regarding such conditions as depression...which your general physician won't usually go into, anti-depressant type drugs I mean...

Domar supposedly is a step up from valium, a better more 'sustained' effect.

Yeah, re exercise, I play a lot of tennis which helps with some pain but also in itself causes some pain, but I find that it is preferable to get the exercise (and the many benefits from that) despite the extra pain.

What I referred to as muscle pain, is actually joint pain, which in turn causes muscle pain. That's why the nsaids help me. Much of this stems from a skiing accident I had many years ago that really screwed up my back.

I've tried a lot of different docs, accupuncture, chiro, phys. therapy, yoga and various meds. over the years. So far the best, med. for me, has been vioxx. Feels like it shaves 5 years off in terms of movement and flexibility.

I have tried some anti depressants on the recommendation of one of my doctors, and although I was very skeptical, they actually did help the pain reduce considerably, much to my surprise, but I couldn't handle the side effects so had to discontinue that approach.

For some reason, I find my pain is much easier to tolerate in the LOS. :)

Much of this stems from a skiing accident I had many years ago that really screwed up my back.

Have u read "the back doctor", populust rhetoric but insightful, he is skeptical regarding 'old injuries', might want to check it out.

have tried some anti depressants on the recommendation of one of my doctors

May I ask which ones?

Elavil & Nortriptyline (sp?).

Haven't read the book, but the physical part of my situation is pretty obvious on examination (even to most doctors). The vertibrae don't move too well in the spot that was injured.

But you know, I really don't like talking about it much because it has been a part of my life for over 20 years and I've learned to live with it and not let it stop me from doing most of what I want to do e.g. tennis, travel, sanuk, etc.

Archived