Do Some Thais Forget Somethings About Thailand?

Torneyboy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TB

'Aussies we are silly anyway...blame the brits'

blame us if you like,but if not for us you would not be living in the land of M & H.

you might be like me,living in a country where it rains all the time,is cold and working 70 hours a week to afford a can of soup.

what delight it would be to be a descendant a miscreant 200/300 years ago....

I think she has taken on her chosen idenity,lost the brainwashing nationalistic ideals that she left to become a product of more freedom oriented society developed from being taught the ability to think and ask questions!

I applaud her for her accomplishments and ability to not conform to everyone else's idea that since she is in Thailand,she should act like a Thai otherwise she might somehow show a lack of respect.

Maybe she has decided that she does not want to participate in the hypocrisy of going to the temple for "show" or acting in otherways that are not considered "being true to her own beliefs".

I agree with JP1,she seems quite normal and mature to me!

Best Regards,Stan

>>>Normal for a Thai not to go to temple ...we go weekly,,,she only if special and only if we insist.<<<

my missus goes hardly ever to the temple (she was though a nun for two years). her opinion about most monks is less than favourable, an opinion i can only share.

>>>and she has become......well different in her own ways.<<<

is that so bad? i have changed due to living in asia for the last 15 years, my missus has changed tremendously since she was first in europe - and to the better: more selfconfident, more outspoken, more confrontational, less inclined to accept the status quo.

Guest lazyphil

<<i don't. i only visit the church back in europe for christmas midnight mass, and then just for the music and nothing else>>

Yes, that morbid organ music is a real pick-me-up!!!! ::

Guest lazyphil

<<more selfconfident, more outspoken, more confrontational, less inclined to accept the status quo>>

Sounds like an 'Essex girl' to me!!!

I think she has taken on her chosen idenity,lost the brainwashing nationalistic ideals that she left to become a product of more freedom oriented society developed from being taught the ability to think and ask questions!

------------------------

nice comment. Also, let's not assume what people really think in their heads, above all, thais, even...patthais (ahah, a new joke, ie. a thai living abroad). It may be a period for her, roots are there, her life will direct her closer or farther from it.

This topic is defintely valid for farang expats ( ;)new thread in the making?).

Says pattaya127:

------------------------

nice comment. Also, let's not assume what people really think in their heads, above all, thais, even...patthais (ahah, a new joke, ie. a thai living abroad). It may be a period for her, roots are there, her life will direct her closer or farther from it.

This topic is defintely valid for farang expatsts ( ;)new thread in the making?).

Maybe i can trace it back to when she first came to OZ.

She was in a homestay with falang for 2 years,falang food and nothing Thai in the home?

She had a longtime Korean BF (no way wanted a Thai guy) then a falang guy so her thai background kept getting further and further away from her day to day life?

Her english is good but not perfect so is/was speaking english a lot of the time except in her own office (all Thais).

Maybe she has grown away from the Thai ways over the years.

Sometime ago i made a comment to my wife about her sister and thinking back i was correct.

I said no XXX is falang..half jokeing at the time i think we were talking about things that were in her home at the time i foget the exact conversation.

Archived