Do Some Thais Forget Somethings About Thailand?

Torneyboy

[color:"red"] How can a Thai not know it is going to bucket down at this time of year

[/color]

Jasmine forgets what it is like in Thailand ALL the time, ok?

Once, after not visiting Thailand for 7 years, I took Hubby to Thailand in May thinking that the temperature would have cooled down from April a bit, surprise, surprise!!! And if you ask me anything about Bangkok, I have less knowledge than a tourist!!!! :help:

I don't meet, work or talk to Thais in my daily life, the last time I spoke Thai was with my brother on the phone 1 mo. ago and the last time I saw a Thai was when I was in Thailand in May.

The only reason I have kept up with the Thai language is from reading Thai from magazines sent from Thailand. After 30 somthing years, my Thai is not so great. :: But I never forget that I am born Thai and proud of it, just cannot catch up with changes, that is all. :help:

We do forget, and shoot, when I was growing up, no such thing as bottled water!!! And people in Thailand in my old days are much nicer then. :banghead:

In the case you mentioned, a person can forget that it rains like mad this time of the year, I have, until after reading about the flood in a province this AM. It is easy to forget, especially if you are getting old like me!!! :neener:

My last note, I also have met some silly Thais who barely can speak the foreign tongue and have visited Thailand every year but cannot remember much of Thailand becuase of them being outside of Thailand!!! Some of them cannot speak Thai clearly either, forget about reading/writing!!! :dunno:

Jasmine :devil:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jasmine:

[color:"red"] How can a Thai not know it is going to bucket down at this time of year

[/color]

Jasmine forgets what it is like in Thailand ALL the time, ok?

Once, after not visiting Thailand for 7 years, I took Hubby to Thailand in May thinking that the temperature would have cooled down from April a bit, surprise, surprise!!! And if you ask me anything about Bangkok, I have less knowledge than a tourist!!!!
:help:

I don't meet, work or talk to Thais in my daily life, the last time I spoke Thai was with my brother on the phone 1 mo. ago and the last time I saw a Thai was when I was in Thailand in May.

The only reason I have kept up with the Thai language is from reading Thai from magazines sent from Thailand. After 30 somthing years, my Thai is not so great. :: But I never forget that I am born Thai and proud of it, just cannot catch up with changes, that is all.
:help:

We do forget, and shoot, when I was growing up, no such thing as bottled water!!! And people in Thailand in my old days are much nicer then.
:banghead:

In the case you mentioned, a person can forget that it rains like mad this time of the year, I have, until after reading about the flood in a province this AM. It is easy to forget, especially if you are getting old like me!!!
:neener:

My last note, I also have met some silly Thais who barely can speak the foreign tongue and have visited Thailand every year but cannot remember much of Thailand becuase of them being outside of Thailand!!! Some of them cannot speak Thai clearly either, forget about reading/writing!!!
:dunno:

Jasmine
:devil:

Hi and thanks a nice honest response.

I guess when living a ""different way of life"" for in her case about 8 years and a very busy girl same as you.

You can forget..my wife had to pack her bag as she was not sure what to take.

New man and all i think also threw her a bit.

Just my take on her as being a bit falang/tongue in cheek btw.

Is family and we do stir her a bit ..but was a good question as we have come accross this with others after a long stay overseas and re visit Thailand.

Thanks again Jasmine.

Archived