Funny Misunderstandings with TGs/BGs

think_too_mut

We all have some anecdotes to tell.

Thai girls (from whatever background they might be coming from into our lives) can have difficulties in comprehending what we think, what we say, what the real meaning is.

Instead of talking jokes, let's get some real life scenes.

Why do you want to go to Nana tonight?

I don't want to go there, that's where the people meet. Nanaplaza.com people.

Why you go there?

To meet a friend.

Who your friend?

A man from Europe.

What his name?

xxxxx

OK, go.

1 hour later, I was back:

I know, u went there to get a girl.

What girl? Just to meet a friend.

What her name?

My friend's name is xxxx. The entire mail is still on your scren. Read it.

You lie to me. Her name is "Ya".

Never heard that name. "Ya"? Is it a Thai name?

Yes. You are playing a lady bird with me. You went there to see and pick up that girl.

No girls. Just that friend, 20 mins talk an I am back, as you can see.

You lie to me. . .

(A printed "Good Bye" note was hanging over the screen. A4.)

Then, ...the fight went on for about 4 hours.

Sick of it, I even spilled her glass of an expensive wine over the balcony (thought she was getting drunk).

Fuck, what are u talking about? Where is the mail? Got back into the PMs.

My fellow board member had ended his message with : "See ya 7:30 at Woodstock".

That was it!

She misunderstood the mail. She fixed there was a girl called "Ya" for me!

All explained, she broke crying.

Since then, she uses the acronym every day:"See ya".

Fellow board members, if you have similar stories from your relationship(s), please share them.

(If you could make them shorter than what I posted, even better.)

Hope we get just interesting scatches, nothing to moderate.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh TTM, you have messed with my "code name"!!!! :nono:

On a serious note. This case is more than a language barrier, why didn't you expalin what the "nanaplaza.com" was?

You are right, it depends on one's background, if Hubby was doing that, there was no way that I would bring a subject of him meeting a woman, whatever the name is.

TTM, IMO, there is a bit of weakness here on the English language also, you still have a while to go here on the language. Good luck. Oh, almost forgot, how come she got to your PMs?

Hubby and I, after all these years of marriage never look into each other's mail, electronic or not :bow:

Jasmine :devil:

TTM,

A funny post. :D :D :D If anyone makes any like this, DON'T make them shorter. They will be fun to read.

you state: "Since then, she uses the acronym every day:"See ya". "

Great line. I think the use of the pharase says alot Like:

She acknowledges she made a mistake without loseing face.

She believes you.

She cares

Remember "immitation is the highest form of flattery"

I once had a huge fall out with the GF when she asked me what I thought of a friend of hers. Knowing that she has her occasional jealous bolts, I was very, very wary to answer that question. After giving it some serious thought in a nanosecond (hesitating is conspicuous too :banghead: ) I answered that "she looked like a nice person to me" (underlying meaning: I don't know her, but from what I have seen, she seems okay).

The way she took it was entirely different; she interpreted it that she was very beautiful to me. I got two days of the silent treatment for this! :help:

BTW what is it with thai women and jealousy? I had fights with my gf over at least FIVE different friends of her, who all leave me completely cold. :dunno:

Classic-

My friend is her in town on vacation and he likes this girl and has BFed her beforeat SC. He sends her an SMS that says:

"ARE YOU FREE NOW?"

Predictably she does now respond and then an hour later replies-

"NO FREE WORK"

I LAUGHED WHEN HE TOLD ME THIS ONE-

An obvious mistake but so funny I thought. So classic-

>why didn't you expalin what the "nanaplaza.com" was?

Oh, she knows very well what this board is about.

Few times told me to ask the board for help on some issues (legal, travel, visa...).

>TTM, IMO, there is a bit of weakness here on the English language also, you still have a while to go here on the language.

Her English is better than that - boiling inside, she clinged to anything that could help her support her anger.

A year after she left Nana and went through all the school - only to see me going into the heart of it again!

Good that the venue for meetings has changed since.

>how come she got to your PMs?

She was sitting next to me when the PM came in and i read it to her. With smile, she nodded but remembered (and permuted) only the last line.

BTW what is it with thai women and jealousy? I had fights with my gf over at least FIVE different friends of her, who all leave me completely cold.

Easy. Their insecurity.

Most Asian woman feel insecure in a very male society. Thai women even more than many, and working girls the most. After all they 'no good', 'can't find good man', and have to compete with each other every day just to make a living. :banghead:

Thai women even more than many, and working girls the most.

----------------------

I know some guys rationalize the BG being jealous as a fear of losing income if you see another one, but I don't buy it.

I have seen too many visceral, therefore counter-productive, reactions or suspicions that actually looked exactly like the jealousy fits of the few GTGs I was with.

I agree on the insecurity in a world where by and large you have to define yourself by the male company, or hubby you have, but still i am a bit :: by it all.

I'd have a perfect evening with my GF, ready to jump in bed, and she starts raising suspicions on this or that event that happened, 2, 3, 4 weeks, even a year ago.

Then you wonder why i bring music/headphones and a few good books to Thailand :(;). No problem, i enjoy making love in the morning too, heck, she ain't going anywhere! ::

TTM,

My turn then :)

Last january the GF and me had dinner with a Dutch friend of mine and his (very beautifull) GF who also works as a model.

Dinner was at the Rama 3 beergarden, quite noisy and small tables.

Friends were there already and my GF sits opposite my friend, so only 1 chair left, opposite his GF.........

The whole evening is fine, but the moment they stepped into their taxi and we into ours, all hell broke loose :)

Why you constantly looked at her breasts ?????

WTF ?????

I beg your pardon ???

Did not......

Yes, did !!!

Did not, I swear I was only talking to her, music was so loud I had to push my face forward to listen to her !!!!

( hey ! guys I'm not blind, but did not stare, only looked a bit :dunno: )

Well, at the end she cooled down and she made up for the remaining of the - very - late evening :)

Cheers !

I left a heap of clothes etc at my gfs apartment last xmas as i was returning in late March. I had told her that when i come back it will only be for 1 week and we will go and get a visa for her (which we later did).

Traffic was bad on the way to the airport and i was running late and i nearly had to run to the immigration gate. GF was very sabai sabai and happy etc.

As i was about to pass though the imigration gate and stopped to say goodbye and asked:

Me: "you don't seem too worried about me leaving"

She: " no problem because i know you come back 1 week"

Me: " arai na"

She: " you come back next week"

Me: " NO I came back in March FOR one week"

She: "ARAI NA :cussing:"

I had to dash to catch my plane and left the poor girl standing there bewildered. As soon as i made it through imigration my mobai starting ringing :help:

Archived