Thai women who abandon their children and...

soongmak

I apologize for the social worker crack. You just sounded so much like people in that line work I couldn't resist.

Hi Thaihome,

No apology on your part is necessary. The way I worded my initial post was like you pointed out, way too harsh!

I have posted my situation in another thread in this forum, so won't do it again here.

Do you know where I can find this thread? Thread title, name of the forum, or date would be helpful.

As you have found out, it a very complicated issue that just cannot be judged from a western perspective. For example, in another response on getting grandparents approval for taking child away, you immediately question the legal basis for this. Going to court on child custody would never even occur to most rural Thais.

I understand that rural thais would never go to court for this, because of lack of funds and/or education. I am talking about farang thai relationships here however. It might be useful to know exactly what a persons' legal rights are whenever one of us might get involved in a situation like this.

Cheers,

soongmak

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi !

Last night met a couple, he's Belgian, she's ex BG, and I had to think of this post........

He is 61, retired and a drunk, his farang wife died many years ago, his kids are grown and married, and he met Nok in Pattaya 12 years ago...... love at first sight, getting married, importing her, etc.......

Once here he learns she has 4 children, all four from different fathers, oldest 2 with Thai, other 2 with various farang fathers, all four with her parents upcountry.

On the spot he decides to get all 4 to Belgium as well and to adopt them all, even before meeting them or seeing 1 single photo, remember no internet those days for the likes of us.

I met the whole family more than once, the oldest is manager in a car rental company, 25 yo, speaks 4 languages, top of her class, married here with a farang her age and pregnant, second is married as well here, works in hotelmanagement, third ( all girls BTW ) is 17 yo studies and models as well, last is 14 yo and studies very hard.......

Just to say that he is a very regular Joe (with a drinking problem) but with his limited income did the right thing, and all kids turned out ok, Nok is only 48 yo, but the happiest mom of the world and showing it.

And oh yes ! once a year, all the family still go to LOS to see the family !

Cheers !

I know there are more 'bad' than 'good' examples out there, but I just wanted to counter-balance the thread a bit.

This being said....... let me tell you about all 'couples' I met last night :

- guy 32 yo, busdriver, just back from PTY, hopelessly in love with a BG of 35 yo, cant even speak together, she does not

own a mobile, he does not know internet, but wants her here anyway :(

- guy 42 yo, goes 3 times a year, has 1 goal there : to shag as many as he can, a strict min of 3 different girls EVERY day, but thinking of importing one for household purposes and because he is horny (his words) :(

- guy 39 yo, goes there once a year, gets too drunk each day and then tries to get laid :(

- guy 49 yo, happely married since 12 years with ex BG, beautifull little girl of 7 yo, happy couple :)

- guy 52 yo, imports a different BG each year, nuff said :(

- guy 48 yo, she is a GTG 40 yo, happely married since 20 years, no children :)

- worst case : guy 48 yo, divorced here, 3 grownups, BG here since 1 year, now pregnant, she has 2 previous kids in LOS, none speak each others language........ :( :( :(

Best conversation possible is with the cook, she is uni grad :)

Cheers !

Limbo,

Naaahhhh just a normal friday nite gathering :)

Its a pub / restaurant in a small village close to Brussels with a Thai cook and Thai menu :) where all Thai-addicts go.

Of course, one can meet some good guys, but also some wierdos...... I wonder why.......

BTW, SOONGMAK was there once as well :)

Cheers !

Archived