How do you repel katoeys

june11

The dilemma I usually have with the katoeys on sukumwit is how much phsical force i should use when they grab my arm, or sometimes they stand in your way and put their arm around you or "hug" your, etc. (while saying the usual crap....i love you, etc). I refuse to be intimidated by just stopping and waiting for them to "release" my arm or un-hug me....I always grab them by the wrist and FLING the arm away (sometimes hurting him/them), or in other cases I"ll shove them back pretty hard to releaes their grip making one almost fall over. I don't see this as being out of line at all when someone physically confronts you as described above. What do you do when PHYSICALLY when grabbed by katoeys. Even when girls grab me (girl who i don't want at all) i lightly fling their hand away, espcialy if they crab your crouch like in the soi cowboy gauntlet) never hurting them( well maybe once i did accidentally when she grabbed my dick(...but with katoeys i act rougher. I know it's dangerou given the incredibly cowardly pack mentality of thai's, but....I just won't be physically grabbed by katoeys without some retailiation.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally grab hold of the two pressure points on the upper arm. It hurts them a lot and nobody else notices. Only happened to me once though, they never seem to approach me since I moved to Bangkok...

Someone tried to pick my my back pocket in the beer garden once and I grabbed her like that and held her while I told the manager and got her chucked out.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me once on Suk, two Katoeys approach me and they try to pick my pocket. I just slapped there hands away from my pocket and that was it, no need to make scene out of it, won't help anybody. Just move on.

Easy.

1) intercept the intruding arm (upon your bollocks/wallet) with your hand(see below) and take firm grip upon hand/wrist of their hand..

2) dig the nail of your thumb into the fleshy part of their wrist, intending upon causing maximum pain.

3) Step to your left one pace simultaneously. (I am assuming you are right handed and are being approached from your right by a right handed katoey - modify to fit the situation ;-))

(The pain in their wrist will cause them to attempt to withdraw their arm, either yanking it away or bending at the elbow-in which case they have to draw in closer)*

3) (In either case dont let go)

4) Twist firmly on their wrist (if they've bent their elbow you can use that as leverage for the next step).

5) While twisting the wrist, use your right leg to sweep their legs from underneath them.

6) Let go :-)

7) Crumpled mess on the floor.

If there are more of them, the next step depends on how cooly you pulled of the above. If you do it in less than a second or two, you can glare at them and just strut off. If you don't think you can pull this off, don't bother!

I've seen this in action by an Aikido expert on Sukh Soi 23, it works.... but of course he had a shit load of moves to back it up if it didn't!

*Beware! At point (3) some 'experienced street fighters' will attempt to invalidate your next move by stamping on your knee/shin. Watch out of this and anticipate by watching their eye movements to ascertain their target...

Demonstrations available on request.... :: (Except when I'm pissed, i.e. most of the tiem :drunk:)

I am very uncomfortable being touched by anyone I don't know. So, when I am touched I react very strongly. However, I don't do anything physical other than pull away. Beyond that I glare at the person (I am sure I look quite insane as I actually do get quite upset and on the edge) and I say something loud and forcefully. Such as, NO!! or Get Away.

To date, this has worked very well and the person has always withdrawn.

Archived