How do you repel katoeys

june11

This is similar to another thread about touts and my solution to that works just as well in avoiding trouble with the ladyboy pests.

I utterly ignore them. Walk as if I know exactly where I am going - with purpose and direction, and do not respond to anything they say at all.

If they call out to me I don't even bother to look at them. If they step out in front of, or otherwise approach me I just walk around them as if they were just another obstacle on the sidewalk. If they actually grab me I pull free and keep right on walking without making a comment (very rarely has this ever happened). I have never had or seen the need to yell at them, hit them, push them or otherwise pay any attention to them whatsoever. I don't try to make it obvious that I am ignoring them which I suppose could be interpreted as insulting, I just go on about my business as if I have some place to be and no time for distractions.

I do not answer them, look at them, talk to them, smile at them, or even recognize their very existence. Perhaps it sounds harsh, but it works like a charm and I've never had any issue with the ladyboys lurking on Sukhumvit or anywhere else, nor have I had any problem with any other tout, scam artist or conman so far.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoo Katoey has been marketed in the UK under a different name.

It's called Old Spice.

Pal you might want to check under the hood next time you p4p in bkk. I think old spice has been demonstrated to have quite the opposite effect half way around the world.

After my friend was totally beaten up by 6 of those creatures, I ignore them and just walk pass and if they get on I tell them some fine things in Thai. Normally the let me alone. Never carry my valet in my front pockets with an hand on. Works for me....Cheers, Singhaman

Bothered by katoeys ?

Don't want to get physical?

The try "Katoey Away". Available in full strenght 'deet' formula and regular over the counter strength. (WARNING: this product is not effective passing Casanova Bar when your blood alcohol content exceeds .12)

:grinyes:

Perhaps there is a reason they are attracted to you fellas. Not to worry, you too will get old enough that even katoeys don't give you a second (or even first) look. :neener:

gr82bor50

june11

I think I know exactly where you mean, near the flyover on Suhkumvit, near soi 27 or 29, infront of the Glaus Haus Building.

For me, as I approach and see them take notice, I declare loudly, and with authority. "one of you fucking fags come near me, or touch me and I'm gonna break your fucking nose". I usually see a quick step backwards, by them.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me once on Suk, two Katoeys approach me and they try to pick my pocket. I just slapped there hands away from my pocket

I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything, but.... where do you keep you wallet? Is it in you back pocket, kinda near your ass? Maybee the katoyes were just trying to grab your ass, and nothing else. What do you think when bar girls/freelancers grab your ass? Do you intentionallly think they are trying to steal from you?

I have never ever ever had anyone try to steal from me while walking around anywhere in Thailand, no matter how drunk I was.

Just keep movin on, and maybee a "mai ow Khrap" shall get you out of danger. Jing Jing

[color:"green"] I have never ever ever had anyone try to steal from me while walking around anywhere in Thailand, no matter how drunk I was.

[/color]

Maybe you were too drunk to notice the attempt. :grinyes:

Those warning signs about pickpockets you see at Wat Po, Grand Palace, etc. are there for a reason. :cussing:

Simple - drop my pants and show them Mr. Happy,

it's then quite simple to walk by unaccosted as they're

all too busy rolling on the ground in incontrollable fits

of laughter.

Works for me.... :)

Archived