Why is TG so poor

SingaporeSteve

B-Bill,

My comments are not aimed at the "hardware" - I can put up with TG's ancient out of date product just by thinking how much worse it is on US domestic flights :: My comments relate to the gate situation at Don Muang specifically.

I do enough flights on TG to know that this is not just a case of a busy airport but a complete breakdown in understanding who comes first - the customers or the convenience/cost saving for the airline. TG is not anywhere near overutilising the gates they or other airlines have at Don Muang - if that was the case, there would have been at least a couple of incidents when flying with CX, SQ, BA, LH that I would have had to use a remote stand. Surprise surprise, I have never used a remote stand with another airline at Don Muang.

End result is that last night on my SQ flight to singapore I counted at least 4 other TG gold card holders (by their Gold baggage tags who were bording the SQ flight with me and we all walked down to economy. TG was leaving 30 minutes later so not exactly due to scheduling. As i say this is nothing to do with hardware, seats, age of planes or service. Purely my observations on why I will actually avoid flying TG when going on a short haul in Asia despite being a TG gold card holder.

And as for the visit to the dentist - I thoroughly look forward to my little check-ups with my cute dentist from Khoen Khen - she has better service than any airline in my book and only 500 baht for a full polish ;) - and her dentistry skills are not too bad either ::

Cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived