Why is TG so poor

SingaporeSteve

I don?t know the answer to this, just my guess is that aircrafts in remote parking positions aren?t used within the normal ground time for an operating airplane, whereas aircrafts which use a ?bridge? position will leave again within a shorter time span. TG has a big fleet and I could imagine that their planes are less often used than planes from competing carriers. An underused fleet is always expensive.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't really have any 'hates', the flights I have been on were OK.

But I am a little put off when I look at the departure screens in Bangkok airport. Seems like there are quite a lot of TG flights that just get cancelled"

Thats my experience also. I have been stuck in Copenhagen twice and in BKK once because of TG cancellations, and have had delays apart from this also.

Its easily the worst airline I have used when it comes to this.

Cheers!

JP! Says:

I don?t know the answer to this, just my guess is that aircrafts in remote parking positions aren?t used within the normal ground time for an operating airplane, whereas aircrafts which use a ?bridge? position will leave again within a shorter time span. TG has a big fleet and I could imagine that their planes are less often used than planes from competing carriers. An underused fleet is always expensive.

You are probably correct in your assumption but it sucks that TG at their home base treat their passengers like cattle. I have done over 200 flights on SQ and NEVER been on a remote stand at Changi where the airport fee's are far more expensive than BKK. I think its all down to understanding who your key customers are (Business travellers) and recognising their needs and preferences. SQ loadings of business travellers are far better than TG - not difficult to understand why...

The frustration is that this is so easy to fix but TG think fo themselves as a leisure airline and really do not understand corporate travellers in MHO.

Cheers

Says SingaporeSteve:

JP! Says:

You are probably correct in your assumption but it sucks that TG at their home base treat their passengers like cattle. I have done over 200 flights on SQ and NEVER been on a remote stand at Changi where the airport fee's are far more expensive than BKK. I think its all down to understanding who your key customers are (Business travellers) and recognising their needs and preferences. SQ loadings of business travellers are far better than TG - not difficult to understand why...

The frustration is that this is so easy to fix but TG think fo themselves as a leisure airline and really do not understand corporate travellers in MHO.

Cheers

""do not understand the corporate traveller""

How true it is and not just TG.

These guys/girls are the bead and butter for them and the agents.

They travel at short notice pay full fare usually at least bus class..and want and demand good treatment.

We (agents) do all we can from our end..special requests direct to the vendor are often not honoured and leaves a bad taste all round.

We try to get best connections so do not have 5 hours in BKK airport etc..get a 2 hour turnaround they can use the FF lounges and apply the 5 Ss if they wish.

Steve,

protest and in defense of Thai .

Don Muang is a completely overcrowded airport and while terminal 1 is basically Thai with enough bridges, they have to allocate a lot towards other airlines. I agree that recently you had to walk through virtually the whole airport to the other end to get on your plane but so what the fuck. Better than waiting at the dentist.

About Thai service for " corporate customers ":

a)Business Class, apart from a lounge what does any airline additionally offer in hardware ? Agree that SIA service is a bit more refined but what about ticket prices ?

B) First Class . I am saying that their service here is the best anywhere. On arrival you are welcomed at the gate by Thai ground staff, put on an electrical trolley and delivered to customs where is no waiting time at all and the luggage is brought to you be a newly established "concierge ". By the time coach class is still half full I am already in the middle of :censored: with my girlfriend. Speed is everything.

Kind regards , Bbill

Archived