Does "Mom" love you?

pattaya127

I was talking to my GF yesterday and she said that she called her Mom (73), who asked when I was coming back. GF said "why?", Mom replied (2 times! I am being told): "i miss him". GF told her Mom she liked me more than her own daughter, maybe she (Mom) should marry me. Mom answered "talung!"...

So, how is your relationship with your wife/GF's Mom?

[color:"blue"] Does "Mom" love you? [/color] Yes, she does, I think. :)

She's a very sweet woman and I couldn't have hoped for a better mom-in-law. She ALWAYS offers a helping hand when needed, enjoys talking to me (and vice versa) and treats me like one of her own children. In return I treat her like a 2nd. mom.

Do I love her too? Yep. :hug:

Posters have commented in past on Thai families are not very demonstrative, affection wise, when greeting or saying goodbye and my experience had pretty much been the same.

At our last visit to the village, first one for me in almost 7 months, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law surprised me by both of them giving me a big hug when we arrived and again when we left. Who says rural Thais can?t adapt to different cultures?

My wife thinks it is hilarious, especially since they still barely nod at her.

So I guess they like me. :up:

TH

giving me a big hug when we arrived and again when we left

----------------------------

The coming of the farang in the village is quite an anticipated event. When I get there, within 20 minutes, everyone comes to greet me, meaning they talk to each other, look at me, and ask if i've eaten. If I say no, my Gf is being asked why she not take care of me. This is really the time in my trips when my wants are superior to hers....

By the time we leave the aunts ask me they want to have a baby farang little nephew. he'd be treated and pampered like a little Buddha, that I am sure!

DarLek gets the shits because her mum and dad are the thai equivialant of methodists.

They really like me - and just about always take my side in any arguement - and always are telling her - "Be nice to him - work harder" etc.

Actually great people - except Mum is going through menepause - dads answer is to build a hut on the afrm and sleep there with his best mate.

JB

Says pattaya127:

...So, how is your relationship with your wife/GF's Mom?

My ex-wife's (Japanese) mother loved me to the point of distraction. :) At least, she always acted in an alarmingly distracted manner when I was around, regularly bursting into tears, gnashing her teeth, wailing incomprehensibly, smashing ornaments and rushing out of the room :o. Eventually, my wife confidentially informed me that it would be better if I stopped visiting my mother-in-law at all, such was the debilitating nature of (what I can only reasonably suppose was) her self-repressed deep-set affection for me. In fact, the family took out a court restraining order, shortly before our divorce, to ensure I did not stray within 500 metres of their home.

Likewise, my father-in-law had powerful feelings of love for me which, typically for a Japanese man, he found extremely difficult openly to express :(. When I used to go out to play pachinko together with him, he always insisted on drinking a bottle of bourbon before we set off, then walking well ahead or behind me whilst swearing at passing cars, shaking his upraised fists, kicking lamp-posts and rasping out a vitriolic stream of blashphemies and loud curses in my general direction. I could only respond with quietly appropriate sympathy for this poor tortured soul who, locked in his masculine masochistic inability to reveal his gentle, caring side, was forced to make a fool of himself in the street rather than do what he really wanted to do ? admit and demonstrate the overwhelming love for his son-in-law he undoubtedly truly felt. :hug:

jack :help:

Says limbo:

Hi Jack,

one of your classic responses, again! Ready to be framed and put up above the bed.

Did they actually change their attitude once they found you red handed with your wifes younger sister?

How the hell did you find out about that ::. It was her teenage cousin, actually, at the wedding reception :o. And "red-handed"? Well, if her cousin hadn't had "the painters in" at the time ::, the dining-room tablecloth, my hands and cock and the wedding cake she'd sat in would never have been tell-tale scarlet when my tearful father-in-law strolled in unannounced looking for his fags and more Jim Beam. :doah:

jack :help:

Archived