Lines that got you interested in Thailand?

Torneyboy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I thought about Thailand, SEA as well, I checked the local bookshop for some info about costs. No real lines, but seeing that you'f get a place to sleep for 5$ anywhere, with food 5 times cheaper than that, sure helped making up my mind. Then in the Pattaya pages, LPlanet boasting the place was much more expensive than the rest of the country, with hotel rooms at a hefty 12$ a night......I booked my ticket!

I had always wanted to go to asia. After a bit of research I realized that LOS had lots to offer. Both in terms of geography, (beachs, hills. ect), and in terms of food and sights. Then there was the cost issue, from what I had heard, it was cheap. Ok ok ok. I really wanted to go to a place where for a low cost I could partake in all kinds of crazy sex. I had considered RP, but it just seemed a bit to rough around the edges. So now for me it is still a combo of all those things but everything has just sort of been turned up in terms of my desire to be there.

I asked 3 different people for vacations suggestions: a guy in his 50's who I worked with in New York in the 70's; a guy in his 40's that I worked with at the time; a woman in her 30's who I met hiking in the Colorado mountains. They each mentioned Thailand.

Now here is the ironic part. Both guys are gay (I knew one was but didn't know about the other until recently) and the woman is straight. So, 3 recommendations for Thailand and none interested in ladies.

After talking with them I investigated on the internet, found this board, heard about the lovely Thai ladies and decided to give it a try. Well, the ladies were way beyond my imagination. As I am writing this I am thinking of one, a beautiful, slim BG about 21 who was affectionate and fun all night long and screeched with joy the next night when I came into the bar (I don't care if her joy was "professional" - thrilled an old man like me nonetheless to have a young beauty run towards me with open arms).

As I mentioned on another post, retired last week and moving to BKK the end of September - guess LOS had some impact on me.

Yeah, I read that post.

I have had one instance in Thailand where a non-falang, Chinese I think, became very, very agressive with me. I am pleased to say that I held my ground but did not respond. That is, I did not look intimated but did not challange back. In the US when I was younger I might have felt my manhood was at risk and I needed to respond. But, in LOS, I went with the idea that I would be respected for not loosing my cool. Several Thai people came up to me afterwards and smiled and said, essentially, don't worry - he was not Thai.

But, hopefully I would respond the same way Thai or not. Never know when someone will go crazy and stick a knife in your eye.

I remember being told that if you talk to a girl there, they EXPECT you to ask them for their phone number. That seems different than life here in the states.

Archived