Kings Group On the take again?

Palatkik

Seems likely barely a few weeks that I read a Kings Group (Patpong) publicity release suggesting all bill padders had been shown the door.

Now they have a new scam, 65B happy hours at Camelot, but they short change you. I read about this on another web site and experienced myself recently. In the past the waitress might have gone out of her way to get the right change for you, now they just say they don?t have it and short change you. Only 10B in my case but annoying. They?d have got the money in tips anyway and even more if I had stayed past happy hour - which you really need to as the good looking dancers don't turn up until late.

I should add this is just one bar, all others I went in were no problem so no need to be scared off from the ?pong as these threads often progress to.

Cheers,

Hmmmmm....300 baht seems a little more serious than the odd missing 5 or 10 baht coin!

I read from "The Baron" that my bottle of Carlsberg will be 120 baht as opposed to 110 in the Nana Plaza bars belonging to a certain group! I suppose they have to make a profit but as a serious drinker I wonder whether I should drink in the beer bars and nurse one in the Go-Gos for the entertainment.

Can't abide the draught stuff.

Two threads on the same subject going on here.

It is hardly an organised scam, I don't think anyone claimed it was, it is just 'skimming'. Annoying, petty, but theft nevertheless. If nobody spoke up then the amounts and frquency would increase.

Hi Samak, no it wasn?t a new flame the ?pong thread. I thought I made that clear in the post. Just a report on one bars actions in the area I had read about elsewhere for same bar. For the record, I do like the ?pong and have done so for many years, albeit not my favorite place in town.

Anyway there?s another thread now that answers concerns about being taken for a measly 10B. This is deliberate short changing BTW.

I must admit I don?t recall often at being told I cannot have my change (even if it is a paltry sum) because they don?t have any. I jokingly suggested they round up the change instead in this case but the girl just laughed at me like I was a dumb farang. Which of course I am!

Cheers,

Archived