? Will you ever outgrow LOS ?

crofty68

That is a strange one I have to admit, but having an easy and reliable way to get money into the country is something I don't take for granted. Finding myself stranded without a way to get cash when I need it is one of the worst feelings. Before ATM's, I've run out of cash in BKK at night and totally been frozen having to wait for money changers to open the next day. I'm only too happy to say goodbye to travelers cheques and all the issues with buying them, managing the stack/receipts, hoping I have enough to last, waiting in lines to change them, the extra fees, and so on. Because of the ATM's, I don't even have or need a Thai bank account to live here. Keeps things nice and simple.

Can you ever see the day that, LOS will not be an important part of you?

Don't think so. I'm enjoying my life here and I'm sure many more happy years will follow.

And if I do get tired and decide to return to the west, this country will remain to be important to me as I've spent a lot of time here and gained many valuable experiences.

Lots of great memories and I'm sure many more are awaiting. ;)

Yes i could definitely see myself outgrowing it.

When I first visited Thailand it was always for 5 days or a week, maximum two weeks and that is a great experience for many guys. You get to do the nightlife scene and a bit of tourism stuff maybe visit Phuket, Pattaya or Chiang Mai as well as Bangkok.

But over the last two years I have had two occasions when I have stayed over one month (one time two months) and to be honest after that length of time I was kind of sick fo the place. The thrill of the nightlife had worn off to the extent that it no longer interested me much at all. On both occasions I had dated some normal Thai girls but in the end found the cultural differences a real problem expecially if they had never lived overseas or had much experience with farangs - almost like we were from different planets in the way we thought in some ways. I dont know maybe this is not a problem for some guys and initially can actually be appealing but in the long run I doubted if these relationships would be fulifilling.

What would keep me interested is an interest away fom girls and the nightlife. For me it could be Budhism, Thai cooking, trecking in the highlands or diving around the islands. I think with out that extra interest Thailand can lose its appeal quite soon.

Thailand's a great place for a vacation. Beyond that, I've come to the conclusion that it has little to offer me. It's sure heled me to appreciate what I have back at home in the US though.

better looking girls in KL

--------------------------------------

In average, I find hard to find girls better looking here or there. One thing is, easier to talk with KL malays, their english is pretty good, the culture of the country has much less depth and wealth than LOS, but if to compare just the capitals, KL was more practicable, compared to BKK. It's still SEA, anyway, and you will probably cross the border a few times, northbound.

Archived