? Will you ever outgrow LOS ?

crofty68

Can you ever see the day that, LOS will not be an important part of you?

I mean as a whole event, mental, spiritual or otherwise..

Its been many years for one reason or another since ive been there...

As sad as it sounds ive had a candle burning somewhere for Thailand, for a long time..

It helps that a mate is married to a Thai women..

Will you ever grow up (my personal interpretation, from an impersonal

perspective).

I hope that i never ever do...I am a sad bastard, judging & reading through

the lines here & there that some feel like I do & others dont...

I keep a ranked list of things that make me really like living in BKK and another of things that are dislikes. As time goes on I continually update and ponder the list. It's a way of appreciating what I've found and if circumstances warrant a change, I have an idea what to look for in a new home in another country or elsewhere in LOS. It might be difficult for someone else to draw a conclusion from the lists, but basically I would miss terribly taking anything off the "likes" list and just simply make do with the dislikes as best I can. At this point in my life, I find it the best place to be all things considered and my circumstances are I can choose to live anywhere.

prices

nightlife

sky train and easy to find taxi's

international restaurants and markets

tropical scenery

feeling of serenity, live and let live way of life

traditional thai massage

atm's

thai people

thai food

medical care

pantip plaza

Dislikes:

amplified noise

roaches

touts and farang gouging

polluted environment, public smoking

inability to visit or be visited by relatives

heat and humidity

low quality items, shoddy workmanship, overuse of plastic

uncertainty of future stay laws

problematic internet connection

unavailability and high price of latest in electronics/computers

hard to outgrow something that's inside/part of you. Who knows, maybe there may be a day where I will change and relinquish the passion for it, but definitely, what I learnt and experienced will always be a burning inner light. If this country does not change you, then you have not really been there, just passed thru......

Thailand is what keeps us from having to grow up.

---------------------------------------

In a way, but somehow, we do learn a lot, and grow up too. i think if one leaves the gregarious sex scene a bit on the side, one's experiences prove to make one ever more a man and less a boy. One can always relapse, of course, but truly, it's the celebrating being there that keeps us young at heart.

Of note: I don't know if they grow up, but i awlays find that more than a few of my expat friends seem to look older more rapidly in LOS. maybe it's losing weight, the hot and damp climate, but i noticed it.

Its true..

I find it easy to delineate the sex thing from the really good things about Thailand..

Its hard to describe things to someone who has never been here..

Outside of major centres the people are different, that BS auto smile seems a little

more genuine..

The real Thailand is a great place to enjoy & to be...

Still I enjoy the DisneySexThailand as much as most... :)

Already outgrown it - I am now seriously working on my next move to ZSingapore or Malaysia - True - they don;t have go-go's, bu that has never been an attraction for me, all my best adventures have been from the good girls - and a lot more fun - and in my humble opinion - better looking girls in KL and Singapore - also food is more interesting, cost of living not that much higher, when you average out all the things you spend money on, and the enviroment in both places a lot nicer.

As DarlEk pointed out a midnight. monday last - WOW - KL - we can go to three different restaurants on the road, choose the food we like, listen to a live band - and look at very pretty girls.

Seriously, the ONLY thing Bangkok has going for it is chea and pletyful fucks - if not fo rthat - may other places are a LOT nicer, and in my case - I get lots of fucks from the fee area - so FUCK IT!

JB

Archived