Pattaya Promotion.

Torneyboy

This is a statement that is less inflammatory for people who enjoy staying there. Thanks.

All I will add is that if one has the propension to be in a monogamous RT with a BG/freelance, this is the place where one can meet a girl in a laid-back environment. This is what happens to a lot of friends who go there.

Also, reading how much thais seem to look down on farangs with BGs, I would understand someone who prefers P to Hua Hin or Cha-am beaches. It's a ll understood there, and no one bats an eye. Personally, I never think thais mind that much, but I may be wrong.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>This is a statement that is less inflammatory for people who enjoy staying there.

Pattaya127,

No discussion can be fruitful unless the leader is involved.

Yourself, being an expert on Pattaya (I can honour you with that title in several other areas), IMO, you are reacting here, rather than giving your opinion and setting the tone. Could be - time diff, other posters jumped in before you saw the thread...

Anyway, the thread has been discussed by amateurs (as myself) and you are rising your voice when somebody (like me) did not like the place as a general purpose holiday spot.

The question is: Pattaya being promoted as a resort destionation to the general public.

What's your view on that, what would you suggest to the operators and travel agents? Would it ever be possible to turn Pattaya around?

You didn't say anything about comparing Pattaya with other countries! If that's the case the French Rivera is also a better bet but far more expensive and not the same type of destination! If you want to compare....compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges!

Yup, Bangkok VS. Pattaya once agan. I think I would like BangCough better if I had the iron lungs to handle the polution. I can admire the rezealance Thai people and many farrangs have to survive that kind of polution everyday and be happy, healthy people. :D

>You didn't say anything about comparing Pattaya with other countries!

Yes, I did.

Compared it to my home, Sydney. Where resort style environment is free to everyone, anyday, within 60 mins travel. To many of Sydneysiders, only 15mins or less or no travel at all.

Including people on the dole.

Pty fails miserably in that kind of a mirror.

you are reacting here, rather than giving your opinion and setting the tone.

-----------------------------

yes, i reacted to the word shithole, without raising my voice. Proof is: I gave my opinion too, by showing what are the other possibilities to enjoy Pattaya. If that does not help set the tone towards more contributions of the sort, not my fault.

Pattaya being promoted as a resort destionation to the general public

----------------------------------------

It is already. Believe me, there are a lot more farang families with kids wishing to stay in Pattaya than in BKK. No need to look at numbers, just a stroll in the city, and you will se a lot of young farang couples, families, old retired couples. I understand that some may not like it, but an awful lot do not see a problem with the nightlife. And farang kids are a sure hit with the ladies. I think these people like pattaya because it has a friendly and easy-going atmosphere. You do what you want to do when you want to do it, and let the others live their life as they wish. Considering your opinion on Hua Hin and Cha-ham, I'd think they are the ones who should do more promotion.

Pattaya is Pattaya, and as someone said: always criticized, never equalled! That's been its promotion motto for 35 years now. Grapevine promotion... The best!

I read today that Anna Kournikova is coming to Pattaya in November to play a demonstration match against Tamarine Tanasugarn. Phwoar! Hope she decides to dance at the gogos after the match!! Now that's what I call great promotion!

:hubba:

Archived