Work Permit from Type O visa?

steffi

Hi Steffi,

I have a NON-IMM. VISA (type 'O') + workpermit.

No problems.

Besides the usual crap, filling in the appropriate form, photo's, passport copies etc...you need:

Marriage certificate.

200.000 Baht on YOUR bank account ( NOTE: 400.00 Baht by AUGUST 2004)

I'll check if I've forgotten something and will add it later.

I could use one right now. :hubba:

Steffi,

Please ignore my previous post. I hadn't had my coffee and was confused as usual. :dunno:

Usually your employer takes care of your workpermit and will ask you for the needed documents as:

Marriage certificate (in some cases)

Wife's ID

Degree

I believe the cost for the WP (1 year) has gone up to 3.000 Baht now.

Goodluck.

You can routinely apply for and get a work permit based on an entry permit issued against a non-immigrant Class O visa.

The work permit will expire on the same day as the entry permit you use when you pick up the work permit (you must pick up work permit in person, with passport, and they enter expiration date into work permit based on expiration of current entry permit stamped into your passport).

Once you have work permit, you can then apply for a one-year extension to your non-immigrant entry permit. Once that long-term entry permit is issued, you can then obtain a renewal work permit to match the new expiration date.

All this presumes that you (and your employer) meet qualifications for you to obtain a work permit.

My firm processes such transactions as a core part of our business, and can assist, if you so desire (see sponsor ad up top). Write info@indo-siam.com if interested.

Good luck.

StoneSoup

Archived