Magic Tattoos

Pharcyde

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the responses and the :help: guys.

Straycat,I have just read the article, good story, apparently there are still cowboys left outthere. :up:

Cent, the mags you mention are not available in denmark, are they? Well, Ill have a look when I get back there.

Markle, thanks for the info. Might be an idea to go to that temple and check with the people involved. Maybe ill meet the Tomb Raider, krai ja bai roo? ::

Fly, youve got half your back covered with these tattoos?

Wow, do they work on foreigners aswell?

As for me, I think ill hit the library in Chula and see if they have any written info on the sub.

Many Tanks

PC

>>>Wow, do they work on foreigners aswell?<<<

no problem with that - people here are very open about those things if you show genuine interest.

the first one i had they even tested - with a long sword slashed over my back... :eek:

The brother of an ex girlfriend had all sorts of tattoo's to ward off evil, being stabbed, being shot, being poisoned and other things I now forget. He was also a believer in the power of amulets.On a bus trip to CM he got off when the bus stopped and walked around the bus for a smoke, he and a friend were both hit and killed instantly by a speeding lorry driving far too close to the side of the road. Myself and the ex had just returned to the UK and she had to go straight back, knowing her probably to grab something she wanted of his -peter

Hi Pharcyde,

yes, there's foreigner who support Thai magic tattoos. You don't see too many, but they're out there.

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't work on farangs....

Maybe check out some tattoo guys in BKK, famous guys, they may be able to sent you in the right direction. The son af a very famous Thai taattooist has a shop on the ground level floor of MBK, his sister and I think also another brother are artists as well. His sis started at a very young age, about 12 or so.

I have a few tattoos myself and for a while I was considering getting a Thai one done as well, couldn't find one when I wanted one and now I don't bother anymore.

I have a book whose subject covers all the superstition practices one can find in Thailand. Nothing exhaustive as far as tattooes, but very informative, I doubt you will find it in Scandinavia though. It may be out of print, but some bookstores in BKK still have it:

Thailand-into the spirit world

by Marlene Guelden

ASIA BOOKS

i think he wants to enquire only about the traditional magic tattoos, very little is known about them in the western tattoo community, also very different approaches.

Archived