Transfers...take them or Leave Them?

Torneyboy

Hi torneyboy,

I don't like them either :bow:

I have excepted them, sense I take my suitcase with me to my seat so once I get off the plane I get go to my next flight sooner :neener:

Plus I have found that I would spend more in the long run for my trip by booking flight by flight :nono:

by saying that i feel it works out the same. :cover:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

I did it last year to hotel on soi 22 (jade pavillion,yuk) Strange to listen to what the guides were telling people such as, change your money in the hotel for a better rate, or for those going on to pattaya, pay the baht bus drivers 20 baht a trip. Most of the time though is spent peddling the over priced trips to the floating market etc-peter

Says shygye:

I avoid the tranfers. Why would I want to wait in the minivan while other flights arrive so they can fill the minivan to overflowing conditions! Why would I want to go ALL over the city dropping people off at various hotels after 30 hours of flying?
:cussing:

HI.

My first trip to Hong kong got the shuttle ...what a mistake..not 30 hours in the Air only short hop for us in OZ.

The bus went everywhere...except my hotel....last drop :doah:

Second trip...train and bus ....they other lot are still in the bus i think ::

Says thai3:

I did it last year to hotel on soi 22 (jade pavillion,yuk) Strange to listen to what the guides were telling people such as, change your money in the hotel for a better rate, or for those going on to pattaya, pay the baht bus drivers 20 baht a trip. Most of the time though is spent peddling the over priced trips to the floating market etc-peter

Yeah change money at the hotel :doah:

If a bus load of first timers..well i guess i can understand they are on commission.

Would you do it again..in a city you know?

First time visit to a country i do it i have to admit :shhh:

On a package tour it's ok (for mass tourism), did that many times.

When travelling on my own, never, it's pain the arse. (unless it would be a private limousine)

I stopped booking one day excursions long time ago for the same reason.

The last one I booked, driver picked me up at hotel 10 mintues early, was ok, did some more hotels, waited a hell of a long time at Grace hotel, driver could not find customers (ok, not his fault, but he should not have waited there for 30 minutes leaving the other customers sitting in a van looking at the parking lot), the rest of the day out was similar.

On a package tour it's ok (for mass tourism), did that many times.

When travelling on my own, never, it's pain the arse. (unless it would be a private limousine)

I stopped booking one day excursions long time ago for the same reason.

The last one I booked, driver picked me up at hotel 10 mintues early, was ok, did some more hotels, waited a hell of a long time at Grace hotel, driver could not find customers (ok, not his fault, but he should not have waited there for 30 minutes leaving the other customers sitting in a van looking at the parking lot), the rest of the day out was similar.

I went on a day trip to river Kwai..hotel pickup at 6am :doah:

What was i thinking..anyway took forver to fill the mini bus and off we go,

Back at hotel 7.30pm...very long day..me first pickup and last drop.

I agree if can get a private car/limo much better and you can stop when and were you want.

I did this in Saigon 2 years ago and really had a good time ...driver and a guide all day..we went to places you would not see on an ""organized"" tour well worth the extra cost :up:

Archived