taxi to Suphanburi?

thai3

What would be the cost of a taxi from bkk - Suphanburi, have it wait an hour or two then go back? total distance would be about 400 klm. Trip is to see wat pumpuang and no buses seem to go to the wat itself. Would 1500 be about right? -peter

Depending on where you rent the Mini van/Taxi, I'd say it sounds in the ball park...I rented a Mini Van to Kanchanaburi, and it cost 1200 for the day (2 years ago) and Supanburi is about 45-60 minutes further I think...? The other option is to take a bus to Kanchanaburi, then get a taxi or transportation there...not sure how much you would save...Rented a Sang tiew in Kburi for 700 for the whole day including gas, add 100THB or so for the Bus ticket, and figure from there...

you should be able to book a mini-van for 1500 Baht for the day! You will have to pay additionally for petrol and tollway / expressway costs!

BTW, Distance is irrelevant, it is more about the time! More distance, more petrol money you have to put in!

SB.

"I rented a Mini Van to Kanchanaburi, and it cost 1200 for the day (2 years ago) and Supanburi is about 45-60 minutes further I think...?"

Quickest way to Suphanburi is on the expressway pass Don Muang and keep going north, past Ayyutaya, and then take a left at AngTong. However, this is not nearly as pretty as the doglegged Kanchan-Suphan route that OH mentioned.

Archived