Wedding Plans moving forward

itsmedave

Well, we're part of the way there.

Dee went to several wedding shops and found the one she was happiest with (loved the dress) and I was happiest with (cheapest).

We got a package that included her dress (rental) for pictures and party, gifts for 100, thank you cards, invite cards, the standard set of pictures and 2 albums to put them in (save the 20 x 24 one), hair and makeup sessions, and a night in a hotel in Cha-Am for 27,000 baht. Seemed a pretty good deal, compared with the other places she went to. The manager said she gave us a special Issan discount because she was from Ubon and Dee from Kalisan.

They would have provided my tuxedo too for an extra 2000, but I decided to get one made for me because: A, I doubt they could fit me properly with one they have lying around, and B, because I could use one anyway. I mentioned to Dee that wouldn't she like to be able to keep the wedding dress? After all, I said, many Americans like to save them so their daughters can wear them on their weddings. To she she sniffed her nose and replied that she didn't want a dress she could only wear one time, and certainly didn't want her daughter getting married in a 25 year old dress. Then she made some implication that wedding dresses will be much nicer in the future, as if high technology played a role in this area.

Also, she happily let me off the hook when the subject of diamond rings came up. She said she'd rather have a ring of white gold (which can apparantly be had for around 5,000 baht, not dollars)

So the biggest hurdle left seems to be finding the place for the party. Whosyourdaddy gave me a great lead about a month ago, which I managed to lose the next day. If you're reading this, buddy, could you give me a call or, better yet, have your wife call Dee and give her the info in Thai so she can look into it? Also, any other good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a place which can seat up to 100 people, provide a buffet with food that is not only Thai in nature, and have a small dance floor and musicans to help out. Hoping to spend 300 per person or less. Need to have the reception during my Christmas vacation from school, as this is when my mother will be out to join us.

So, keep your eyes peeled for the invitations which should be heading your way sometime in mid-November.

Dave

Just to let you know.

We had 60 pictures taken. Picked 12 of the best and got the negatives, 8x12 and one 24x 30 framed.. 3 suits etc. for about 10,000B

SOi tonglor ( arent they all there) - It was called the love station. not sure if they changed there name. Had some katoey there who kept me on my toes and in fits of laughter all day.

FYI.. The place I recommended for Itmedave is pantip court on satorn soi 1. nice place for a romantic dinner . 250 per head. with a main plus buffet.

Hi Itsmedave,

What have you done to yourself :D

Congratulations with the upcoming wedding.

I have met the both of you this weekend and although I haven't spoken to your lady she seems like a fun and sweet woman. I hope you can find a nice location for the party and that it'll be one you'll never forget.

Cheers! :)

Archived