Yuck, I've got to hit the Pong

PhatPhak

Got some friends comming in from out of town, of course I have to take them to the Pong, the worst entertainment area of Bangkok (IMHO).

As I avoid it at almost all costs (visitors being the exception), what's the latest on the decent (I use the term loosly) bars there.

Also, with the crack down, any chance at all of seeing a show. I used to go to Supergirls, but haven't been there in ages.

Thanks all.

For your average newbie, I would think the star of light would be a bit much for a starter. Actually even to this day the sleaze factor there is a little too much for me! There's just something about walking into a place seeing heads bobbing that I don't really find appealing.

For a newbie, I'd say a cookie cutter a gogo would be an impressive start. Take a look at the 3 big ones in a row: King II, King I, Camelot and enter the one or two with the best lookers (mind your bill of course). These bars are especially good for newbies because half the girls dance at a time and when they rotate all the ones leaving the stage are looking to sit with someone.

For show, go upstairs to Queen I or II. Around now in the pong, there some covering up, but it's hit or miss. Bring them to King Corner for a gentle introduction to katoeys. Beware some of the blond midgets with shaved pussies are katoeys! Japanese seem to love this place. Right now, I think pink panther is a good gogo. Thigh bar and Kiss can be good.

Restaurants embedded or rimming patpong include Thai, mexican, german, italian and irish. All good, some pricey.

Go over one street and try a beer bar or one like muzic or king's garden with a live band.

Don't forget upstairs there are also massage parlours, snooker halls, karaoke, and of course ST rooms.

KC III and Kings Corner are a nice start for newbies!

gogo's with the best looking girls are currently KC I, Camelot and Thigh; KC II has gone downhill and Safari had better days; Kiss is very unstable.

b(low)siness as usual in the 3 BJ bars, Kangoroo seems recently to be the busiest.

Patpong II has several bars which serve drinks long after 2am

Archived