Aussies - Are you ashamed of QANTAS???

MooNoi

Ha ha ....much less than 30%...a typo i would say.

TB,

Given that Sydney is second only to SF in terms of gay men per head of population, I can understand where figures like this come from. Particularly if you were a tourist from Dogpatch, Arkansas and just happened to blow into town at the same time as Mardi Gras :grinyes:

I was surprised to see the extent to which the moms and dads of suburban Australia seem to have accepted Gavin and Wazza from The Block. Again, a casual viewer from overseas would see that series and assume that they represent 25% of the demographic. We need a relialistic depiction of life in the Western Suburbs to shatter a lot of the myths which revolve around Sydney.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jp1,

How long does SYD-NRT take ? I'd imagine that its something over 8 hours, then you get to take on Tokyo traffic - fun stuff ....

I've gotta hand it to Sydney - the run from Mascot to the city used to be an ordeal, but now its a dream. Tunnels are the way to go - just have to get Melbourne and Brissie sorted in that department. The Northside of Brisbane would have to be one of the worst traffic bottlenecks in the world for a city of its size, and it stands squarely between travellers and the airport. Anyone who tells you to 'Go Gateway' has never seen the thing at peakhour.

How long does SYD-NRT take ? I'd imagine that its something over 8 hours, then you get to take on Tokyo traffic - fun stuff ....

Artiew,

SYD-NRT takes about 9 and a half hours. The limousine bus from NRT to any downtown destination takes between 75 and 120 minutes (depending on traffic conditions). The train from NRT airport to Shinjuku station takes less than 90 minutes.

On the English news it said that 30% of men living in Sydney are gay. I thought that very high. I suppose if they have a hard time in the "out back " where the traditional role of the male is alive and well they flock to the big city for safety in numbers.

I suppose if 30% are gay it means that there are more frustrated girls to go around.

Incidentally whats "Gavin and Wazza from The Block" if its what I suspect a faggot soap then I think thats very bad, very bad indeed.

Up until 35 years ago homosexuality was illegal in the UK punishable by a fine and or imprisonment. I think that in some respects it was a grave mistake to repeal the law.

I know some people will say my views are old fashioned, even bigoted, what I say to them is that they are in the wrong; and will some liberal twit like them in 30 years time be telling someone like myself that I have the problem in objecting to a paedophile mardi gras...

Think about it, good men and women felt so outraged by homosexuality that it was punishable by the law.... have what faggots do with/to each other changed NO, merely society..

In the bible it says man should not lie with another man, and in my gut it says that as well.

STH

Hi,

Gavin and Wazza and the block.

The block was a reality TV show,

Four ""couples"" had 3 months to renovate a two bedroom apartment each. And live in it all the time but still go to their own jobs daily.

The apartments were done from scratch ..some did not have floors and so on...largest tv viewing figures ever.

They were auctioned with reserve of $595K every dollar over this amount they kept as a prize..and the ""couple"" that got the highest sale price also got 100k as well,

Gavin and Wazza won 75k and are as we speak in Hawaii on holiday.

>I know some people will say my views are old fashioned, even bigoted, what I say to them is that they are in the wrong; and will some liberal twit like them in 30 years time be telling someone like myself that I have the problem in objecting to a paedophile mardi gras...

A few posts up, I gave you my opinion, based on the simple fact that I live in Sydney, in the area where many gay people live. The numbers you are quoting are ridiculous.

Don't let them lead you into something that is not desirable to pursue on this board.

>there's also a JAL flight out of Sydney. It's JL 772, but leaving in the morning and arriving at Narita after 6pm.

I can see that one flying over my house every day. Thought it was to Osaka or something...

Thought QF had a monopolly on SYD-NRT run..hence old planes and lousy service.

They are probably the only one flying the night flight that brings people there in the morning (6am or so).

I'll get there..soon, one way or another.

Archived