babyfood

limbo

Hi,

our toddler turns 7 months now and I wonder about the food to give her to eat.

I've got exactly one small book about western food for up to a year or so.

Can you guys surprise your wifes a bit and ask them what 7 months olds toddlers can eat? I'ld like to a bit of variety in the kitchen!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything on the floor. :banghead:

Seriously, toddlers have the wonderful ability to eat just about anything, especially when it comes off Mum or Dad's plate or bowl. Try introducing them to as much variety as possible, just make sure it's doesn't have to be chewed. And be aware that many of their taste buds are not fully developed yet, so stuff they love at that age will be hostility spit out at age 2. (Ah, the terrible 2s :rolleyes:)

Asian kids diets at that point are pretty good, rice and a little bit of meats and lots of veggies..... healthy anyway. PLeeeese, try to keep them away from sugar. That addiction will come soon enough. Never mind wife says " But they like it". The earlier the introduction to sugar in the diet, the more addicted they will become as children, teens and adults.

Enjoy, children at that age are priceless. And don't fret too much, they eat whatever and be fine. :up:

Just one more thought. Try to stay away from the processed store bought shit. Buy a blender or food processor, abd do it yourself. Then you sorta know whats in it. :applause:

Guest lazyphil

Thats it, we just liquidised anything we ate but not the hot stuff, she ate most with gusto :D...right now she loves Mackeral mixed with rice and ketchup!

right now she loves Mackeral mixed with rice and ketchup!

Ketchup seems to be my son's favorite additive as well. I wish I could get him to try fish. He has reached a fussy stage.

With his mom's and my genetic code he should get out of that fairly quickly. Maybe I'll try sushi before he turns two. :grinyes:

Yes, that damn ketchup is the sugar addiction. Easier to off opium than sugar. :banghead:

Not sure genetic code has anything to do with the terrible 2s.

But one can always be hopeful. :up::grinyes:

Says LaoHuLi:

Just one more thought. Try to stay away from the processed store bought shit. Buy a blender or food processor, abd do it yourself. Then you sorta know whats in it.
:applause:

Hi LHL,

thanks. We have a blender already and what I made sofar was blended indeed.

I didn't know that basically ate anything, that's good to know.

Not sure genetic code has anything to do with the terrible 2s.

I was thinking more about my wife's ability to eat stuff that would make most chiliheads cringe and animal parts I find inedible. And my desire to try any new cuisine and general boredom at eating any one of them more than twice a week.

My hell would be a US where only meatloaf and other bland crap was allowed and my passport was revoked. No pho, sushi, puerco adobado, dim sum, galbi, vindaloo, oso bucco, oh and lest I forget Laarb. I'm outa here.

:nono:

One of the skills you will (or should) learn as the caretaker of a rugrat, is the ability to read food labels. Do enough of it and you will be afraid to eat anything that HAS a label. Even for yourself. (Now one got to be skillful to read those in Thai :banghead: )

Archived