babyfood

limbo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Its not really good for the baby to sleep in the big bed.......not for her, not for both of you......... just my opinion.......>>

Can you explain why please BB?

Says lazyphil:

<<Its not really good for the baby to sleep in the big bed.......not for her, not for both of you......... just my opinion.......>>

Can you explain why please BB?

Yes, I can :)

I did read an article somewhere about a Uni study stating that young children sharing parents bed will have less aptitude at independent activity and study.........

On the other hand, what about the physical danger of putting a very young child in between you ? If you turn around at night in your deep sleep and start suffocating the baby ?

Just my opinion, dont isolate children, just dont make them dependent on your own private territory :)

So, dont believe the study, just think of physical possible harm.

Cheers !

Hi BB,

very good point, you wanna talk to my wife a bit?

I think that Thais really like to have their toddlers close to them, in their beds. In the west the tendency is to have an own bed an even bedroom for the babies.

I convinved my wife that our littlun has to sleep in her own baby bed, the next step will be the own room.

She doesn't sleep half as much anymore with us in the big bed.

How are other guys experiences with this subject? In teresting to see your thoughts.

I think that Thais really like to have their toddlers close to them, in their beds. In the west the tendency is to have an own bed an even bedroom for the babies.

How true.

I convinved my wife that our littlun has to sleep in her own baby bed, the next step will be the own room.

She doesn't sleep half as much anymore with us in the big bed.

It was very easy for me. I just said the baby will sleep in his crib, in his room from the first week on. End of discussion. Next?

My wife saw that this was not a point of debate, tested me a few times, and then capitulated.

My wife knows to choose her battles wisely. :grinyes:

Guest lazyphil

Our nipper until quite recently has always slept in our bed with a cot nearby for her for if we have a bit of you know what :angel:....Now she can sleep happily alone in her room/bed. She'll sleep alone in my parents house too. If I'm on nightshift she'll sleep with mum. Its never been a big issue. I did have my concerns about moving her into her room but its been totally painless.

Archived