Just a Bargirl story...(Not shite)

carew66

I was just mulling over a few things over here in farangland and thought I'd share this little story with you.

A few months ago a friend and I were in Bangkok, spending quite a bit of time in Gullivers and so on and so forth. My friend had hooked up with a girl there who he took to Pattaya with us and who was a real laugh and good company.

My friend is epileptic (related to another condition and quite a recent thing) and has to take a cornucopia of drugs to control it. In addition he has to be very careful to eat at certain set intervals. He can't drink much - maybe 2 or 3 bottles of beer - and he needs lots of rest including a short period in the afternoon.

Anyway, seeing as how he'd decided to stick with the young minx he attempted to explain to her what epilepsy was in the event that he had an 'absence' or a full blown fit. She just looked blank of course but she didn't let it lie there. She really wanted to know what he was talking about - she just couldn't grasp it, what with the language barrier and everything.

So, she drags him off to an internet cafe and, with some assistance from the staff, they found a site in Thai script that dealt with his condition.

My mate says that she concentrated really, really hard on each page. Her lips were moving as she read and it was really slow work. After quite some time she finished reading the whole site and announced "Okay, I know now".

After that she nearly drove him mad (in the nicest possible way). She would time everything about his day, sort out his meals (he never knew what he was going to be fed and it was never farang food) and knew exactly what his drug schedules for all the different pills and potions were.

There was no flexibility from Nurse bargirl. Not a minute before nor a minute after her schedule was he allowed to deviate.

In Gullivers one night, Redbaron, ChrisG and me and my friend were chatting away over a beer and she was in the background. She interrupted him quite abruptly - "Pill now".

My mate with mock patronising tone said "Not now dear, I am in the middle of a conversation". She said "I don't care. Pill now. Then you talk to friends".

His rest periods were set in stone from that day onwards. Bang on the hour and no going out until the time was up. No point in me popping round to his room and saying 'Come on, it's time to play'. I couldn't get past the Gatekeeper. "Him rest now. Go"

By the end of the holiday he was feeling great, he'd lost weight in all the right places and never had any difficulties.

For what it's worth, and putting any cynicism aside 'cos there's plenty of that to go around, I believe that is just one little illustration of how Thailand can affect you on other levels other than as a paradise for shagging and drinking. The chances of him seeing her again they both knew was slim to non-existent so it's hard to tease out a long-game strategy.

I was happy for him.

Right - that was it. Just wanted to tell you all. Nice isn't it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's doing really well. Thanks. His big operation went okay and he's back at home (amazingly speedily - I like to think that the thought of a return visit to SEA might have helped!).

Because he is still recovering I haven't given him the good news yet: Spirit of Town Hall has moved into a house just up the road from him! He'll wish he'd have stayed in hospital! (Joke. He would never wish to be back there again!)

God - I miss Thailand. And Vietnam.

nice story carew. I can relate to this as i fell ill 18 months ago in bkk while i had a girl with me on a shortime romp. The girl took good care of me for 3 days while i was laid up in my room and with visits to the doctor etc. In order to lift my flagging spirits she insisted on bringing her work uniform home for private go-go shows as i was unable to go out. :hubba: The end result was a 3 month holiday to aust with me earlier this year. best nurse i ever had. :up:

Aw - good one!

I know that romaning2004 had a similar experience when he was hospitalised in Thailand. I'll be seeing him soon enough and I'll persuade him to tell the whole story or let me ghost-write it for him. The first time I heard it the whole pub went quiet...! It's quite gory in parts.

nice story Carew.

i was with a girl once and didn't feel too good in the 1st place and after the act i fect even worse.

i said she must go,i was not feeling well and wanted to sleep.

she refused and took my key and disappeared for 30-40 minutes.

she came back from 'the Pharmacy' with tablets and fed them to me.

didn't feel better immediately,but a few hours later i was raring to go.

i still have some of the tablets she gave me and they are good.

Yep, there are some great ones out there. So for those you can get over their moralistic superiority, one can have wonderful relationships here. I know I do. :grinyes:

Does she email him to make sure he's ok? Mine does. :applause:

Nice story Carew.

I was with an old freelance banger once for a hectic afternoon's heavy drinking :beer: in Soi 7 beergarden ? streetname of "Pug": alcoholic hepatitis, left leg in plaster, and a home-done tattoo round her arsehole saying "I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester" :o ? and, repairing somewhat unsteadily (the usual tiresome mix of jet-lag and dehydration :doah:) to my hotel after 19 heinekens and a half-bottle of cherry brandy :D, didn't feel too good in the 1st place and after the "act" I fect (and felt) even worse. :(

I said she must go, I was not feeling well :eek: and wanted to sleep. She refused and took my key and disappeared for 30-40 minutes. She came back from "the Pharmacy" with a bottle of bacardi, twenty Marlboro Lights, and some small red pills and fed them to me. I didn't feel better immediately, but a few hours later I was raring to go :).

I still have some of the tablets she gave me (10,000 baht for 12, from her police-officer "brother" :shhh:) and they are good. When I tried to re-enter Japan, however, Customs Officials :down: chanced upon thirty-six of these useful "pick-me-up" pills inside the turn-ups of my flares, and a futher twenty-four secreted inside a knotted condom up my arsehole :o, and I was interrogated at Narita customs for a whole day before being allowed to enter the country with an "official warning" stamped on the Visa page of my passport: I am now subjected to a thorough "internal" body search every time I pass through any Japanese airport ::. (Fortunately, the red pills turned out to be canine anti-flea medicine, perfectly legal and available over the counter at any pet store, which pissed off the Customs bastards no end! :neener:)

jack :help:

Archived